Author Topic: MOD SHARE SUB-FORUM  (Read 3364 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

In case you haven't noticed, we now have a dedicated child board for sharing mods. The link is near the top, above this post.

Please note that you should only post mods which a download is available; however, work-in-progress mods and any kind of related discussion in the mod topic is very welcome.

We currently only have one general board for all kinds of mods but in future it's very possible (and even probable) that we will add own dedicated sections for various types of mods.

Please PM me or any of the other moderators if you want your current mod topic moved.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

RickyB

That's nice.
I was just thinking about an option to mark/tag mods in regards to ability of playing online with stock game and/or earn money and XP. There would be 3 different kinds of tags. For example

Category A - mod works with stock game online and you earn money and XP. Just like an 'un-modded' game.
Category B - mod does not work with stock game online but you can earn money and XP.
Category C - mod does not work with stock game online and you don't earn money and XP.

just a thought.
Hmm, you can actually recognise it already in game.
-you get no mod message=category A
-mod message without blue background car icon=category B
-mod message with blue background car icon=category C
but you'd have to download and activate a mod to be sure.

TheyLiveWeSleep

Wouldnt it be better to just create a few sub forums to hold posts? Like one for general mods, one or tracks and one for vehicles would be a good start. Not having to post a bunch of mods in one thread. Your going to have to do this in the future anyway because like this it will get way to cluttered once there are many mods.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yes, that's what I said in the OP: sub-forums will be created as soon as there are more modding possibilities. As it is currently almost all mods are vehicle related, so it's not really a problem.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

tolliverj

i noticed that i can't put my vehicle in a rar file did you block .rar so we couldn't release are mods yet if so why thats kinda a dick move.

Dummiesman

i noticed that i can't put my vehicle in a rar file did you block .rar so we couldn't release are mods yet if so why thats kinda a dick move.

There's a <200kb attachment size limit. Use an external filehoster, and link your mod in the release post.

tolliverj

i figured it out i didn't have winrar set as admin so it denied me.

tolliverj

well there is no size limit i used up 20 gb's of data in a rar file before.

Purple44

I think Dummiesman is referring to Bugbear forum. That there a limit on how big a file can be to upload to a forum post.

Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 192KB, maximum individual size 128KB

That not very big file.

I use https://www.mediafire.com to host my files to download.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Dummiesman

I'm talking about releasing the mod. Your original post was worded in a way that made it seem like you were having troubles uploading the mod.

Janne Suur-Näkki

In any case it's always best to use an external file sharing service such as Mega or Mediafire to share your mods, space on the forum server is limited.