Author Topic: [v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter  (Read 14918 times)

Dummiesman

Make the texture datablock name the path to the texture relative to the game directory.

As for the rotation issue, you probably got the vehicle importer with some weird transformations (rot/pos/scale), or are using the wrong axes. This is how the example .blend is setup for axes.

Mazay

Could the problem model have something like negative scale? Just a guess.

Devin

Okay, I got one single texture partially working. That's it. And even that required me to rename the car mod_vehicle_1. Also, the thing in blender is just a mess now. The axes are completely wrong and I can't seem to fix them. So... if I send you the .blend and the textures, would you be so kind to take a look at it and tell me what I've done wrong, especially with the axes? It is just so weird :D

Thank you very much for your hard work! This is much better than using 3ds max :D

@Mazay I haven't actually thought about that yet. Would be weird though because the game somehow seems to invert a value, axis or whatever, if that's the case. I'll try tomorrow, thanks!

Heddly

Tried it out on the B194 today as yet again the Max exporter gave me the Export- Plugin failed! error, things... didn't go to plan as this happened when I tried to go from bgo3 to vhcl:

Many thanks to Dummiesman for all of the long hours it took to do his magic.   8)

I just installed the Blender BGO Exporter and finally got a look at the example model. In your export I see that your model is using mutiple textures for the tire and rim parts. In FO1 and FO2 the tire and rim shared one texture, I have seen other games use a separate texture for the tire and rim, but only one for each and not more than one.

If the tires are using other textures that receive damage, that may be why your tires are acting up. Also I would make sure the tire and rim pivot locations match. Just trying to help, I am kinda new with blender.

edit : I forgot to mention that I had to remap the tire and rim parts to one texture to work in game.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:18:52 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Dummiesman

There are multiple textures on the "tire" objects in the example file. Try adding the damaged + lod rims, and see if that fixes it. At one point during plugin development, I had the same issue.

Heddly

I am confused, am I looking in the wrong place for texture/material assignments? Is this what name I need to use for Wreckfest ? Thanks for any help.

Dummiesman

Use the Material & Texture tabs to edit the assignments + material specific textures. You can get to this menu once you've selected an object.

Heddly

Thanks,   :)

Devin

Rescaling didn't work. It was flipped again after doing that, so after flipping it back, it seemed to work in the showroom - but then this happened:

I just don't know what to do anymore... It worked more or less fine when it was exported from max (apart from inverted wheels for some reason) but blender just does this.

Thanks for your help Dummiesman, I'm uploading the complete mod and source files right now :D

PsychOXRat

I'll be sure to pick back up from where you left off! together we've got a completed mod! I've got deformations working, and detachable parts and physics, you got textures working, expect it all to be done soon!
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Devin

Ctrl+A fixed everything, apart from the problem with the skins. Now, no matter which textures I assign, the game sometimes doesn't load them at all and sometimes loads the wrong specular/normal maps. We really need some documentation on this.

By the way, I found out that probably the specular map controls the shininess of an object, as replacing the specular map of the tyres with a blank one made them so glossy, you could use them as a mirror. Before, they just looked like tyres with a glitchy normal map.

Devin

So, in the example .blend file, I can't see any of the isCollisionModel = true objects like Solidbody and Collision Spheres. They're all there and even have a position close to the car, but I just can't see them. Also, they don't seem to have isCollisionModel = true set. Is there a way to make them visible? I don't really understand how they work since my own scratch-built try doesn't work as intended (spheres ingame are muuuch bigger than in blender, they keep glitching through walls and the deform stuff is just a complete mess). This is the only thing I still have to understand before I'm able to make at least a partially working mod :D

Dummiesman

On the bottom here is your layers selector. Shift+click any layer with a grey circle in it (in your own file, not the ones displayed in the image). You should then see the layer with collision data.

Mazay

I tried it out for making objects. Seems to work!

Quick way to try out:
Get latest Blender 2.77 (2.76 don't work)

Load the Blender and to example box add custom properties:
Name: CustomData
Value: col = true

Save as mods\test_scne\data\art\objects\prop_derby_ramp1.blend

Export as prop_derby_ramp1.bgo3 and drag and drop this over tools/build_asset.bat
You should get prop_derby_ramp1.scne in same folder.

Now load the test_scne mod ingame and check out stadium:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:04:32 PM by Mazay »

The Very End

With blender / max and such, how hard would it be to import objects from other games and convert them yto formats suitable for Wreckfest? My first intial thought would be games like Crashday and Trackmania that contains separate, open object formats.