Author Topic: [v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter  (Read 13360 times)

Mazay

With blender / max and such, how hard would it be to import objects from other games and convert them yto formats suitable for Wreckfest? My first intial thought would be games like Crashday and Trackmania that contains separate, open object formats.

Might not be too hard. Will be different for every format and some glitches can happen.

I tried to rotate objects in blender and this happens. Probably the same problem that devin had.
It works correctly if I clear rotation (alt+r) and rotate in edit mode.

PsychOXRat

That could be due to the axis of the object's pivot, as rotating the object 180 also rotates the pivot 180, which NCG doesn't like at all :P
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Devin

Yeah, ctrl+a and then apply scale/rotation fixed that for me

Dummiesman

Rotating in object mode, then using CTRL+A > Rotation & Scale is the equivalent of rotating/scaling in edit mode.

Devin

Btw it could also be possible that you added a keyframe by accident. Remove all of them and then ctrl+a>rotation&scale to make it all work fine :D

The Very End

Oh ...well..

Tell me, how do I smooth out things in this Blender? If I take (in smaller scale of course), several pieces with a tiny bit different angle, and put them togheter to a loop - how to make it smooth? I know you can do it for vertexes / things, but can you do something like that on objects aswell?

Purple44

Oh ...well..

Tell me, how do I smooth out things in this Blender? If I take (in smaller scale of course), several pieces with a tiny bit different angle, and put them togheter to a loop - how to make it smooth? I know you can do it for vertexes / things, but can you do something like that on objects aswell?

End, is that considered a shortcut on the figure 8?

Ya I run  into that problem with stunt ramps I did for Flatout 2. The ramps were not smooth. Are a little rough on the car!

If you can't make that loop one solid object and make the path smooth through the whole loop, I'm thinking you going need use a lot more ramp objects.

Could try taking the loop you got now and add a bunch more objects between each ramp you got now. Start with that first ramp. Duplicate, move this ramp forward 1 inch or 2 inches or maybe 3 inches and angle just a tad. And keep repeating.

Since you know the coordinates of the second ramp in your pic, you could subtract the coordinates of the first ramp from the second ramp to get the difference between the 2 ramp coordinates. Divide that distance between the coordinates by 10 and then add 9 more ramps between the first ramp and the second ramp in your pic. That should smooth the angle between first ramp and second ramp.

Edit: Look like you already did it End:

A quick new one. But be warned: Do at least 95km/h ++ and rally suspensions!

Link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=85932589461877084572

This one is called prop_derby_loop.

Hopefully Finsku can make a nice smooth loop.

I can make "proper" loop object if someone wants export it into game..  :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 08:40:17 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mazay

I have been working quite a bit with exporter. Thank you Dummiesman for great exporter!

One problem I got, the shadows behave weirdly around the edges:

I used edge split modifier to fix it. Is this the best way to do?

Then comes the second problem. Exporter don't automatically apply modifiers and exporting becomes a lot of work.
Could this be added? Probably would not be many lines of code.

Then I have third problem. I am adding startpoints (name empty as #startpoint01..) and I am not able to rotate them.

4th: I am trying to add subscenes. (object with name #xref). But I don't know way to add path to .scne. It would be very nice to have some easy way to do this.
Maybe even devs could look in to this. I tried also adding subscenes in 3dsmax. I got it working, but I had to create extra 3dsmax file for every object.
If there were some simple way to just link .scne, for example through CustomData parameter that would be nice.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:51:16 AM by Mazay »

STRmods

4th: I am trying to add subscenes. (object with name #xref). But I don't know way to add path to .scne. It would be very nice to have some easy way to do this.
Maybe even devs could look in to this. I tried also adding subscenes in 3dsmax. I got it working, but I had to create extra 3dsmax file for every object.
If there were some simple way to just link .scne, for example through CustomData parameter that would be nice.

The way I've been doing subscene is just through BagEdit, open the main .scne file then go to subscene and right click to add, then you can type in the name and path + transformations etc.  :)

Dummiesman

I'll look into creating an 'Apply Modifiers' export option :)

The Very End

You mean the one setting accessed by doing ctrl + a (then choose scale, rotation etc) ? If so, YES please haha!

Dummiesman

You mean the one setting accessed by doing ctrl + a (then choose scale, rotation etc) ? If so, YES please haha!

Nope. Modifiers are things like Edge Split, Mirror, etc.

Applying transformations on export (CTRL+A) could be detrimental, breaking panel parenting, among other things.

Dummiesman

Released v0.03

Changes
- Added "Apply Modifier" export option

Mazay

Thank you for quick update!
Tested, works perfect.

The way I've been doing subscene is just through BagEdit, open the main .scne file then go to subscene and right click to add, then you can type in the name and path + transformations etc.  :)

That works, but I wish we could get proper map editor. :P
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:41:42 AM by Mazay »

Dummiesman

In the next update of the plugin, texture handling will be changed. Rather than using:

Code: [Select]
texture path = datablock name

it will be

Code: [Select]
texture path = image path > datablock name

This way you don't have to name your texture datablocks. The plugin will automatically find the proper path for you (data/vehicle/etc) :)

Alongside that, there will be changes that allow for exporting of multiple UV channels (this should've made the first release, oops!), as well as a fix for a possible memory leak in the mesh exporting code.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:10:36 AM by Dummiesman »