Author Topic: [v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter  (Read 28508 times)

Mazay

The plugin will automatically find the proper path for you (data/vehicle/etc) :)

Will you still be able to link shared textures from data/art/textures?

Dummiesman

The plugin will automatically find the proper path for you (data/vehicle/etc) :)

Will you still be able to link shared textures from data/art/textures?

Yes :) It goes up each level of the path until it finds 'data'. If it can't do that, it will just use the datablock name, and if that still isn't a valid texture, it will then fallback to a generic shared texture.

Mazay

Sounds great!

I noticed another thing. I tried to make object with customdata: col=true, invisual=false. But it didn't work. Alone both parameters do work. Not sure if it's exporter or wreckfest.

Dummiesman

Sounds great!

I noticed another thing. I tried to make object with customdata: col=true, invisual=false. But it didn't work. Alone both parameters do work. Not sure if it's exporter or wreckfest.

I see why this happens now. In the next update, I'll make it so that "|" can seperate multiple properties. E.x. 'col = true|vis = true'
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:10:44 PM by Dummiesman »

Tero

Sounds great!

I see why this happens now. In the next update, I'll make it so that "|" can seperate multiple properties. E.x. 'col = true|vis = true'

In 3dsmax we just separate them with enter like so:

col = true
vis = false

Dummiesman

In 3dsmax we just separate them with enter like so:

col = true
vis = false

Yep, I've noticed that the hex bytes 0x0A and 0x0D are seperating custom properties. Unfortunately with Blender, it's  a nightmare trying to access custom properties via their API, and is much easier to do with a single custom property, which can only be one line :(

Dummiesman

NOTE: I will be pushing an update later , however it will not as of yet support xrefs. This means that only the simple track will be included as an example.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:53:14 PM by Dummiesman »

Dummiesman

Version 0.04 Released - Download in first post - Changelog is as follows
- Texture filename is now preferred over datablock name. Relative paths also work.
- Added support for multiple UV channels
- Added "simple track" .blend file to allow simple track modding (example track to come when I get xrefs figured out)
- Added workaround for multiline customdata (see a couple posts above)

Enjoy! :)

Very cool news. That should save quite a bit of time in not having to name the texture directories with every material.

Having more than one UV would help too. I didn't know that Wreckfest could support more than one UV map.

Mazay

Great to see example track with AI routes and the new feats.

But I have got problems. Trying to export my water reservoir map base, it no longer exports:

It seems to use Source image's name and path now unless I delete assigned jpg image. Then it loads what is in texture name.

Would it work now if I put image in mymod/Data/art/textures/ as ground_sand03_c.tga?

...but I don't want to be forced to use .tga
Could the exporter just rename everything with png, jpg, bmap as .tga if that's the way it would work with bgeometry.exe?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:45:55 PM by Mazay »

Heddly

Great to see example track with AI routes and the new feats.

But I have got problems. Trying to export my water reservoir map base, it no longer exports:

It seems to use Source image's name and path now unless I delete assigned jpg image. Then it loads what is in texture name.

Would it work now if I put image in mymod/Data/art/textures/ as ground_sand03_c.tga?

...quite complicated, tho I see how this could also make things simpler.
Maybe make it so that source will be ignored if texture name (datablock) does already have .tga or .bmap extension?

Also it bit bothers me to see .tga everywhere while I don't have such files.
Could the exporter just rename everything with png, jpg, bmap as .tga if that's the way it would work with bgeometry.exe.

Try converting your .jpg textures to .tga manually, that is what is needed by the program to convert to .bmap that the game uses.

Mazay

Try converting your .jpg textures to .tga manually, that is what is needed by the program to convert to .bmap that the game uses.

The exporter does not actually need .tga, unless it also generates .bmap for me(?) Which on other hand could be handy.

When working on model which uses textures already in wreckfest, it does not make that much sense to use 10mb tga over 2mb jpg. Especially when sharing the .blend file online.

Edit: I figured out I can just delete assigned source texture and it still shows in blender so this is way less problem than I thought.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:42:52 PM by Mazay »

Dummiesman

Pushed v0.05 :)

Changelog
-Fixed matrix conversion
 In English : Fixed wrong rotation/scale exporting

-Added pivot support
  See this post for explanation

-Reworked texture path exporting (again) to prevent a possible rare occurrence of export failure given a certain set of circumstances

Other
- I have now separated the examples vs the actual plugin. Both to save server bandwidth, as well as users. This means you don't have to download 8mb for every new update.

- Updated vehicle example for steering wheel pivot.

EDIT (May 31st 2016)
- Silently updated v0.05 with a failsafe for incorrect CustomData typing.

DOWNLOAD
As always, enjoy the update  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:18:45 PM by Dummiesman »

Mazay

Tested it out, works great perfectly! Thank you.
Will be great help in adding startpoints and for everything as no need for ctrl+a.

Now my track which was compensated for previous problems spawns cars upside down :D

Edit: still something bugs. If your object have both Y and Z rotation magic happens:

Otherwise rotation to single direction and scaling works perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 04:43:13 PM by Mazay »

Dummiesman

NEW TOOL RELEASE!
Released the AI Generator on the page 1 :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:46:44 AM by Dummiesman »