Author Topic: [v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter  (Read 27461 times)

RickyB

Wow, man. So awesome. Looking forward to try it out.
Btw... since you can do such magic, master, do you think it could be possible somehow to place .scne objects in blender? Similar to the startpoints - just naming an invisible hollow empty object the same as the .scne file you want to place there? Or is it already possible? please excuse my unworthiness  ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:10:05 PM by RickyBøbby »

Purple44

Wow, man. So awesome. Looking forward to try it out.
Btw... since you can do such magic, master, do you think it could be possible somehow to place .scne objects in blender? Similar to the startpoints - just naming an invisible hollow empty object the same as the .scne file you want to place there? Or is it already possible? please excuse my unworthiness  ;D

This is what I'm waiting for and hope happen some day. That I can load a stock Wreckfest track .scne file into Blender so I can make copies or add objects and move them around in a 3D environment.  :)

No pressure Dummiesman, but you will be a Wreckfest god if you can pull this off!  :D

I don't need to be able to mess with the track mess ( but would be nice if I could add a King of the Hill hill to Sandpit 1 ), I just need be able to interact with the objects on the track and add objects from the objects folder.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Dummiesman

It appears it's possible to create "xrefs" via dupli-groups and linked objects. What I can probably do is add a function into Blender that
a) links an entire .blends objects
b) add them to an group
c) add a group instance into the scene

Then on export the exporter will export (how much wood could a woodchuck chuck etc.) group instances with linked objects as xrefs.

I'll see what I can come up with :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:35:35 PM by Dummiesman »

Dummiesman

Released v0.02 of the AI generator :) It adds a new feature for route width 'detection', this is how it works:

Download in first post as always

RickyB

This is what I'm waiting for and hope happen some day. That I can load a stock Wreckfest track .scne file into Blender so I can make copies or add objects and move them around in a 3D environment.  :)
That would be the 'super deluxe version' :)
It appears it's possible to create "xrefs" via dupli-groups and linked objects. What I can probably do is add a function into Blender that
a) links an entire .blends objects
b) add them to an group
c) add a group instance into the scene
Not sure if I understand that - and wondering if we are talking about the same thing. What Purple said was more what I had in mind. With .scne-files I was referring to the objects in the ...\data\art\objects folder (or your mods objects folder). I thought since it's possible to link stock textures and the data path, maybe it's possible to link objects (.scne files) as well, so that these .scne files are linked under "subscenes" in your track .scne file.

For example - there are 29 subscenes, subscene 3 is the object 'prop_derby_ramp1.scne' in data/art/objects/

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 06:19:41 PM by RickyBøbby »

Dummiesman

It would be going out of my way to support something like that. I'll be supporting xref'ing blend files, like you can do with the Max plugin.

Mazay

The way I understand xrefing, it at the end just links the .scne file as subscene.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:22:36 PM by Mazay »

Dummiesman

Just a quick note : The next update will be delayed for a bit , not feeling up to par and I most likely won't be continuing work until at least a weeks time.

Purple44

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Axarator

Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

TheEngiGuy

Thanks for the BGO exporter, however there's an issue. When I copy my car model (separated .blend file) inside the body.blend example, most of my object's faces become invisible. I can copy/paste my model just fine into a brand new .blend file, though.

Dummiesman

Thanks for the BGO exporter, however there's an issue. When I copy my car model (separated .blend file) inside the body.blend example, most of my object's faces become invisible. I can copy/paste my model just fine into a brand new .blend file, though.

Make sure you're on the latest version of Blender. Faces becoming invisible sounds like the issue that happens when loading a newer .blend than your Blender version can handle.

TheEngiGuy

Make sure you're on the latest version of Blender. Faces becoming invisible sounds like the issue that happens when loading a newer .blend than your Blender version can handle.

Oh well, managed to fix it! Had to disable BackFace Culling. (Still have to invert the normals for the game)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:02:15 PM by TheEngiGuy »

RickyB

Was just wondering, what happened to this. Any news? Did I miss it? Is it possible? Would be awesome :)
Preparing for Blender xref testing :)