Author Topic: [v0.05] Blender BGO Exporter  (Read 26643 times)

The Very End

Great to hear more people doing tracks! If you got issues of some sort just post here/mod development topic, and I'll as well as others will do our best to give out some advices!

Chipmunk

The track will be awhile if ever. 3d Modeling is not my strong suit but learning some cool tips.  The closest I've ever come to recreating it was in ModNation Racers :D

But I'll certainly post somewhere around the forum if I get screenies to share.
Life is no fun until you're doing it at 200 mph

Chipmunk

Is it possible that the exporter doesn't work with Blender 2.79b? :-\

I'm getting this error in the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\io_scene_bgo\__init__.py", line 49, in execute
    from . import export_bgo
ImportError: bad magic number in 'io_scene_bgo.export_bgo': b'\x16\r\r\n'

Which is pointing to this line:

Code: [Select]
      from . import export_bgo
I thought maybe I needed to apply modifiers before exporting but no such luck :(

RickyB

Is it possible that the exporter doesn't work with Blender 2.79b? :-\

That is very much possible indeed. It should work with 2.77 / 2.77a.

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.77/

Chipmunk

That is exactly what the issue was. Thank you Ricky!

Now I just need to fix the model so everything exports and builds properly :P lol
And I have to redo all the UV unwrapping because I changed all of the model. Ouch, lol :P

bobomber

Guys this link does not work for me.

Chipmunk

bobomber

Thanks a million dude

bobomber

https://imgur.com/a/IHSbFgt
Can anyone help me with this.

Speedevil

Can somebody help me? I downloaded the BGO exporter and installed it but it doesn't show up in my addons. I don't think I've done anything wrong, as I've followed the instructions in the readme. Is there something else I have to do?

sam223

Can somebody help me? I downloaded the BGO exporter and installed it but it doesn't show up in my addons. I don't think I've done anything wrong, as I've followed the instructions in the readme. Is there something else I have to do?
using blender 2.77?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Speedevil

Yes, I'm using Blender 2.77. I extracted the files to my addons folder, then I noticed it wasn't in my addon list so I clicked on "install from file", but nothing happened, it still isn't in my addon list.

sam223

weird,it should just show up on your file>export menu
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Speedevil

Nevermind, it works now. I deleted the bgo folder from my addons and put it back in, I guess I did something wrong but I have no idea what it is.

oxygencube

I realized that I need to snag myself a trial copy of Max in order to see how they have their textures setup there, since it is possible and necessary to mimic in Blender, for their more complex material setups on the tracks.

I've also been busy with a large scale mod for another game,a s well as an unofficial patch project for another (woo x86 asm!).

At some point I'll be getting that trial copy and working on this some more. :)

Was this ever tested or sorted? I'm using a 3DSMax 2016 trial atm and would consider moving to Blender if the exporting of everything is reliable.
Looking for a copy of Stuntfest for modding. Please PM :D
www.drewflet.com