Author Topic: DriftFest v2.2.0 - Controlled Wreckfest Drifting Mod  (Read 5435 times)

Axarator

What is DriftFest?
DriftFest is a modification of Wreckfest, which decreases the amount of friction between a cars tires
and the ground on certain surfaces. Normally, doing this will cause your car to spin out, however
DriftFest enables the player to slide for long lengths but still remain controlling of the cars direction.

About
DriftFest does not edit the cars physics, instead it affects any "Tarmac/asphalt" surface, making it
possible to slide with any car. (Other surfaces have not been altered)

DriftFest only is active on Tarmac surfaces, and requires your car to be fitted with Standard Tires
to work.

Here are some tips:
  • Tap throttle, don't hold it.
  • You don't need to use handbrake, you can just flick.
  • Use Gear 2 mostly for small drifts, you can use Gear 3 for longer drifts (But these are more difficult)
  • For beginners, use Asian 1 with a decent tune.
  • This may not suit you, but I have all assists off except for ABS (Which I have at full)
  • This will be a little hard to start with, but practice makes perfect :)
Ideas of how YOU can help:
  • Record footage and upload it to YouTube (and this thread if you like)
  • Host a server with this mod, this helps out the whole community :)
  • Make suggestions down below
  • Last but not least, have fun :D

Car Builds
  • My personal favorite, the European 1 (Class A, 202 performance points)
    Difficulty:Novice to Advanced (It's great for many uses, I would also recommend this to beginners to get their skill up)
  • Asian 1 (Class A, 207 performance points)
    Difficulty:Beginner to Intermediate (It's easy to start with, but once you want to do long drifts this isn't the best of choices)
More to be added, you can post your builds below, and I might add them :)

Videos

Screenshots

Download
v2.2.0 (Workshop)

Changelog
Code: [Select]
FOR UPDATED CHANGELOG, CHECK THE WORKSHOP
10/05/2016
DriftFest v2.1.1
Added multiplayer support for Drift Map! (Added start points for up to 9 players)
10/05/2016
DriftFest v2.1.0
Added new Drift Map!
1/05/2016
DriftFest v2.0.0
removed drift monster

1/05/2016
DriftFest v1.0.0 released to public
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:35:22 AM by Axarator »
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

The Very End

Interesting, will try it out later. Thanks :)

Axarator

Interesting, will try it out later. Thanks :)
This mod is still W.I.P, but my main goal is to have something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1s8xRx8Umg

It requires skill, but once you're in a corner you can still control your car.
And of course, I'll need to make some big maps for this to work at highspeed drifting.
Anyway, hope you enjoy :)

hande11

Thanks! Have to try this mod, after computer refresh and getting wheel :) Here's one driver now using with zero condition tires, etc. tweaks to get less grip for mainly powersliding biased driving preference. Car settings tweaks kind of worked for tarmac to get less grip, but i felt that especially sand and gravel had too much grip left even with those car settings tweaks for powersliding / sliding turns. Would be interesting to get those sand and gravel surface grip lessened too at some point ;) Great mod to have Axarator, thanks!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:01:59 PM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Axarator

Thanks! Have to try this mod, after computer refresh and getting wheel :) Here's one driver now using with zero condition tires, etc. tweaks to get less grip for mainly powersliding biased driving preference. Car settings tweaks kind of worked for tarmac to get less grip, but i felt that especially sand and gravel had too much grip left even with those car settings tweaks for powersliding / sliding turns. Would be interesting to get those sand and gravel surface grip lessened too at some point ;) Great mod to have Axarator, thanks!
Yeah sure! This mod is well optimized for keyboard racers, so don't mind.

Purple44

Axarator, got idea for ya, what if put some obstacles down on the big Oval 2 track to drift around?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

hande11

Axarator, got idea for ya, what if put some obstacles down on the big Oval 2 track to drift around?

Excellent idea Even cones and tire walls could do as a nice training track it and keep car intact and going.

.. jumping from there to more insane training with solid objects :)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:28:07 AM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

GRabbit

You did an AWESOME job, sir!

I have played alot of assetto corsa to get some drifts going and your mod imitates the physics perfectly.
If we get a real track editing going, we will soon have a hugeeee drifting scene. Probably something that can keep up with fh2 on consoles as an example.

Appreciate your work and keep it going! :)

//Edit: As I said a few months or years ago, modding will make this game blow up. And thanks to people like you, this is happening right now!
Radeon R9 290 Directu CU II OC
i5-4690K@4.4Ghz
Logitech G27
8GB Ram

LoneWolfie

This is great fun :) Amazing job, hopefully this will build up a drift culture on this game!

When you overcook it a bit..

Janne Suur-Näkki

Nice! :)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Axarator

Nice! :)
Thanks! :D
It would be nice to have a mode where you can mostly freeroam a map, and be able to join mid-game. It would be nice for this mod to have such a thing for servers :D

GRabbit

I have got a server realted question: Where can you buy a server to choose which mods are run?
An easy way out would be the partial enabling of p2p hosting again. A few guys had great pc's and internet so they could handle 24 multiplayer easily.

@LoneWolfie whats the track with the circle in the middle?
@Axarator "
It would be nice to have a mode where you can mostly freeroam a map, and be able to join mid-game. It would be nice for this mod to have such a thing for servers
" +1

Edit: I have uploaded a short video of the mod in action. Some inner oval and Tarmac 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KjEIIWtghI&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:43:40 PM by GRabbit »
Radeon R9 290 Directu CU II OC
i5-4690K@4.4Ghz
Logitech G27
8GB Ram

LoneWolfie

@LoneWolfie whats the track with the circle in the middle?

Its Tarmac 3, Take a right at the start line and its there  :)

Axarator

Imagine if someone modded an AE86 into the game :D

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

DD-Indeed

Either the mod didn't work or then it didn't fell any different. Cars had the same grip as with stock game. :)