Author Topic: 8-o-Rama  (Read 7319 times)

RickyB

Got to ask, how you place all them objects onto stock tracks? You do it all by hand or use Stuntfest or you got another way of doing it Ricky?

Mostly a mix of both I think. The first versions were done with BagEdit only. Later I found an older Speedway_1 version that worked with Stuntfest. Fortunately the geometry of that track didn't change with updates. I think on Speedway_2 I had to delete everything but the barriers to make it work in Stuntfest. There was still a lot of trial and error in order to have the triangular sand platform fit the track correctly. To make it a bit less work, I made some Inception®-scene files ;) For example, a row of different objects. That row is composed of several scene files inside other scene files. Scene file 1) a row of boxes, scne file 2) barrack with scene file 1 inside, scne file 3) a row of 3 x scene file 2 that have scene file 1 inside. A scne file within a scne file within a scne file. Now if I wanted to move that row of objects, I wouldn't have to move every single object of it, but just the one Inception scene file ;D. But beware - if you go too deep you might end up in Limbus. ;)

Maybe in the future, if Stuntfest gets an update, Stuntfest Editor will be able to deal with the newer Wreckfest tracks... We can only hope. 

Purple44

Got to ask, how you place all them objects onto stock tracks? You do it all by hand or use Stuntfest or you got another way of doing it Ricky?

Mostly a mix of both I think. The first versions were done with BagEdit only. Later I found an older Speedway_1 version that worked with Stuntfest. Fortunately the geometry of that track didn't change with updates. I think on Speedway_2 I had to delete everything but the barriers to make it work in Stuntfest. There was still a lot of trial and error in order to have the triangular sand platform fit the track correctly. To make it a bit less work, I made some Inception®-scene files ;) For example, a row of different objects. That row is composed of several scene files inside other scene files. Scene file 1) a row of boxes, scne file 2) barrack with scene file 1 inside, scne file 3) a row of 3 x scene file 2 that have scene file 1 inside. A scne file within a scne file within a scne file. Now if I wanted to move that row of objects, I wouldn't have to move every single object of it, but just the one Inception scene file ;D. But beware - if you go too deep you might end up in Limbus. ;)

Maybe in the future, if Stuntfest gets an update, Stuntfest Editor will be able to deal with the newer Wreckfest tracks... We can only hope.

Thanks for the info. Ya I sure hope we can get an updated Stuntfest track editor in 2018 or better yet we get a Wreckfest track editor.  So I don't have copy over my custom track scne file, rename to track.scne, do my edits, save, copy new track scne file back over to my custom track folder, delete old custom track file and rename track.scne back to my track file.  :P

But beat having to do everything by hand with Bagedit and trail and error method! Which I still have to do if sometimes if things won't load in Stuntfest editor, crashing the program.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel