Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 103950 times)

Dummiesman

Thought I'd start sort of an interesting thread that i've seen present around other boards. This thread is for posting screenshots of WiP content, that doesn't have or need a thread yet.

I'll start off  ;)

EDIT: Technically related :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:21:59 AM by Dummiesman »

The Very End

Wut is that? ;)

Dummiesman

Wut is that? ;)

A tool to easily launch commandline tools, rather than doing it manually.

'nother screenie

May aswell post up what I have been playing around with.

Trying to make a banger track out of the Small Stadium derby location, I feel the game needs a smaller oval to encourage shall we say "spirited" racing.

Its only a WIP at this stage of course.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:24:16 PM by Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w »
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

LoneWolfie

Hey all! Was going to make a thread but its not really ready for download just yet.

Lancia Delta HF Integrale (Ported from Dirt 3)

In the garage:

Having some issues with damage at the moment, if anyone has some insight onto why it goes nuts like this would be really helpfull! I also seem to be having an issue where textures are using the wrong specular/normal maps..

Still need to add the proper wheels, sort out the smoothing, make some Martini liveries, add the spoiler, etc.. Still, its coming along  :)

The Very End

Oh MY GOD! It's brilliant! Well, the damage part you and the others will figgure out, but seriously, that's a beauty!
A propper Class B car (from the good old era). When that is done I demand thy to make more of those beast from both the rally and the rallycross world from that era :D

PsychOXRat

How'd you get the textures to work in game? I've had issues with them since day1 on all my models xD
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

LoneWolfie

Oh MY GOD! It's brilliant! Well, the damage part you and the others will figgure out, but seriously, that's a beauty!
A propper Class B car (from the good old era). When that is done I demand thy to make more of those beast from both the rally and the rallycross world from that era :D

Thats the plan  :D Hopefully once I get this down I can start doing other rally cars like the Ford RS200, Delta S4, Audi Quattro, etc..

How'd you get the textures to work in game? I've had issues with them since day1 on all my models xD

Its been a bit hit and miss really. I just replaced the material paths in the max file with the .tgas for this, and assigned them as normal. One silly mistake I made that might be doing it for you is that I was converting my textures to .bmap with build_asset.bat inside the tools folder, when it should be done inside the art folder. Specular maps and normal maps are still random though, and appear only at certain angles.
Still, specular/normal maps seem to be random and only appear at certain angles.

Dummiesman

;)

Also, if you're wondering how the cmdline launcher works : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haikiaxBJqs

PsychOXRat

Got more textures working ish, the 2 purple textures are ones that the example file has, but has no actual file for, making it difficult to make work as I need to add the texture in Max, not fun xD
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

LoneWolfie

Does anyone know how to create a matte area with the car body shader? Theres some rubber trim that looks weird being shiny. Ive been messing around with the specular and normal maps for a while now, even borrwing s and n maps from matte skins on other cars dosent work properly.

Heddly

You might try editing the alpha channel of the texture, (e.g. skin01_c5.tga) file. The darker the area/part, the less reflection it would have in FlatOut.

LoneWolfie

You might try editing the alpha channel of the texture, (e.g. skin01_c5.tga) file. The darker the area/part, the less reflection it would have in FlatOut.

Seems that the alpha channel of the c5 texture controls where colour is applied  :(

Devin

Seems that the alpha channel of the c5 texture controls where colour is applied  :(

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That finally fixed it! I guessed it was used for reflection like in most other games. The reflection seems to be controlled by skin_ao_c.bmap. Pink pixels means less reflection.

I just made it blank...