Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 103950 times)

timmy76

Reminds me of the industrial bit from the Destruction Derby Raw intro clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9pDdKnZN4
PC specs
None of your business.

The Very End

Feeling that side of the track (the one picture) is mostly done, now I can continue on the other parts:

The Very End

Another day with work done, lot more to do but progress nevertheless:

Purple44

So the track going be a fig 8 track with about 6 crossings?  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Yeah will have several versions of it, one highspeed layout, fig 8 layout, derby version and so on :)

Daystar

Yeah will have several versions of it, one highspeed layout, fig 8 layout, derby version and so on :)

Sounds awesome... and please let this be FPS friendly? I will for sure test the fack out of this, and give a fairly good review if I can attain at least 28+30 fps out of your creations on my crappy Radeon R7 Series card!
Cheers my friend :) Hope you have a great night bud.

The Very End

I am trying to find a compromise between the aesthetics and performance. We'll see what I can do, but if everything else fails I can make a barebone version with horrible look but good FPS ;p

sam223

In car mirrors are possible maybe?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Not sure, I have tested a bit with reflective surfaces, and they all act very strange. Like, sometimes it reflects what is behind the object, sometimes in front, sometimes it reflects the sky for no reasons and generally feels a bit random.

sam223

Not sure, I have tested a bit with reflective surfaces, and they all act very strange. Like, sometimes it reflects what is behind the object, sometimes in front, sometimes it reflects the sky for no reasons and generally feels a bit random.
Reflection seems to work ok but doesnt reflect cars :(
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Janne Suur-Näkki

In-car mirrors that would be useful in any sense are impossible at this point, unfortunately.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Work continues. And yes, those warehouse is going to be part of the course, as well as a small area behind it. This track is huge!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Looks really great already!
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Well thanks ;) By the way, might I ask tip from the pros (you)? The second I have two splatmaps on one track the FPS is reduced, A LOT, for everyone. This is regardless of the resolution of the splatmap. What tricks are you using to get away by using 2-3 splatmaps for your tracks? Having only one splatmap gives me great pain having to see those texture repetition :C I know splatmaps take up a great amount of memory, but I though having one highres splatmap (2048x2048) and maybe one or two addition with 256x256 or 512x512 resolution would work, but the second I load up that second splatmap my poor Geforce 1070 asks for vacation.

Before doing these projects I had no idea what lengths you will have to go to find the balance between looks and performance. Specially as I progress on my journey to learn more it's both enlightening and frustrating to constantly struggle between wanting to create those small extra details while keeping the performance.   
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:41:50 PM by The Very End »

The Very End

Work continues. As of now there are 3 variants; chicane, high speed and warehouse run. In addition there is an derby version which spawns 4 and 4 cars at different locations on the track. The AI does not perform too well, but after some time they usually manage to get past the warehouses and gets to the middle. Forgot to mention, on the highspeed and warehouse layout you can take both directions in the red warehouse, as it's a loop checkpoint. As for the chicane route you will have to cross the roads where the fences indicates crossing, hopefully it makes sense.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:31:40 AM by The Very End »