Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 103144 times)

The Very End

2 out of 4 roof parts are glass, so it's about half :)

The Very End

One day you'll might be able to attend... Forever "Out Of Index" error <3

Daystar

Ughhh wish you the best with your current track project. and really the most sad thing is,... is that there are no Bugbear employees that can help you with this problem.

Purple44

Is the The Very TrackPack getting to big? Need to start a The Very TrackPack 2?

If just run the derby in a new mod folder, does  "Out Of Index" error go away End?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Seems to triigger on all the layouts about half of the time now. Tried removing stuff, both other tracks and objects from this track but no luck. Yeah, guess this is last one in this pack before I'll move over to a new one, or maybe doing something else. Been thinking of developing objects and share both the object files and model files (as well as scne files) with the community to further develop my modelling skills.

Bonecracker

Yeah, those white barriers and red barriers I made myself, but they utilize Bugbear's textures. In additional they break. The red one break on top as well. Lastly, when hit at more than 120 km/h (aprox) the barriers break entirely and is moved from it's original position :)

As for performance it's not actually bad! Been working hard on testing out different things in terms of foliage (there is no grass or rocks around, but I am sacrificing the look (which you mostly won't see at high-speed) for the performance. Hopefully this runs well on lower end systems too :)

Thanks!   

Edit: About warehouse, yes! Both in the highspeed version and the warehouse version you will have to go through the same entrance of the green warehouse.

Made a quick video (no sounds) of the 3 racing layouts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4-UAR6AKg

Great job as always!

tads421

One day you'll might be able to attend... Forever "Out Of Index" error <3

"Out Of Index" is a mesh problem, i have it loads when converting tracks from rFactor, i have not found out why the mesh throws that error but i just delete the mesh in question and all works.... all i do is hide a bunch of mesh's and export until i find the block that it fails on (sometimes more then one mesh) and then look at that mesh.... Every time i have had that error it has ALWAYS been a mesh.

Hope it helps

Kev

The Very End

Oh, that's really helpfull, thanks! :D
But, how to aproach this when it happens half of the time? And by mesh problems, what helps on that? I whent over all the objects (not the xref objects) and reseted the xform on them (usually fixes the issues), but I don't seem to be able to fix it that easily on this track.

Edit: This happens on runtime, not on export.

tads421

ohhhh i thought it was a error at export.... if its a error at runtime are you sure all the Xrefs are in the main data folder and bugbear have not removed them? have you tried to export and play without the Xrefs? as i said i have tried a bunch of things on the bad mesh i get but nothing seams to work so i re-model and then delete the old bad mesh.

Kev

The Very End

Most of the xref's are my own creations, so .. maybe I have cocked up the whole shit haha?

Well, while I do trial and error, all the red and white barriers are breakable in two stages. It breaks in about 30 - 40 pieces and when hit at above 120 km/h they break entierly and move out of their position.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:50:28 PM by The Very End »

The Very End

When TVTP is updated I will try making some fun things for the cars. What about a bit of Carmageddon inspired bumpers?

Purple44

We need that for the Crash canyon when there a pile up of cars!!!  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

What about a plow then?

RickyB

Just curious, do you have to setup collision spheres for those parts, so that they can deform in crashes?

The Very End

Have not done any work on them, that basically is half a hour of work. Will have to experiment A LOT first hehe, never done cars or parts before. But ofc, will see if I can make them behave like an physical thing :)
Edit: Not sure if I HAS to do collision spheres, I have no idea on absolute anything lol =D