Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 108305 times)

The Very End

Thanks! :D

The supports go down to 0 metres, so can be placed on the ground. There is also almost no gap between the jumps, making it almost impossible not to complete. I recon that if you put a ramp on the top of the landing area you should be able to jump back on to the top part. Looks like this currently:

Will try to to create a hill or something around the lower part of the ski jump, as I am not sure if would look alright with support poles down there. But feel free to come with suggestion or ideas! Fun to play around and develop the skills a bit.

Edit: as we figured out before, it is possible to have start positions that have it's own AI route (which will only be driven on the first lap). Could quite possible be couplet with a track that is "normal", but has the start at top of the skijump. On lap 2 and forth you can go normally and won't have to go back up the hill to complete the laps.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:45:00 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Here a pic End to show the issue I'm thinking I might run into using the stock tracks:

If there a dip in the track map, then there going be some open space. Would it be possible to add an extra 5 feet to the length of the supports?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

AH yeah, no worries, I'll add some extra length to them all :)

Zebulon55

Awesome!

So, how many startpoints will fit up there? 8)

The Very End

All of them ;D
Not tried yet actually, still got some work left on the modell, and these exams times it will take some time :p But I guess it won't be a problem, as the top-part has a hill that is almost 200 meters long.

Ben X)

Is this for FlatOut 2 game?

sorry for stupid question X)
Always move forward

The Very End

This is for Wreckfest :) But all model files and textures are included in The Very AssetPack (mod), making it very possible to export to different games if wanted.

The Very End

This little fun project is fun! Basically what I did was to wrap the jump into a little area (but should be very much possible to be used with other tracks). The trees and such are low poly 2d models, making the performance toll close to 0. Doing work on creating some grandstands from the bottom, but between the exams there is not much effective work.

Purple44

Seeing your pics End, your ramp jump is bigger, wider, taller than I expected.  :o

Don't know if there a hill tall enough to use with your ramp jump where I could jump off back of ramp jump or jump on to it. I might have to do a little cheating.

So will that be a 4 car wide start? or maybe 6 car wide start?

The Very End

I think the asphalt part on the atart is about 25 metres wide, making it fit most desires ;p
Yeah, it is huge, and one of the reasons is that I had to have a long and smooth transition to prevent the car to get all kind of strange physic issues when reaching the transition between downhill and flat area.

The terrain is only one object, same with trees, so if not needed it is essy to remove :)

The Very End

Trying to make everything from scratch, meaning we need a custom grandstand (it will come as it's own object even if it is backed into the skijump / hill at current time). Should it be populated by people, or should it be kept clear to maximize performance? PS: It's not textured yet, the colors you see are simply placeholder colors of 3DS Max.

Purple44

A lot of spectators can cause a hit on FPS.

Daystar

Just make two versions, like you did with some of your other tracks... Michigan, and talledega come to mind.

sam223

Still a few skins to paint,bits to fix etc. Couple of cars need finishing off but we're getting there. Just making the menu icons so thought ideal time to post another 'where we're at'.

FULL SIZE : https://i.imgur.com/sRwzD49.jpg

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:43:19 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Looks great Sam!