Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 141356 times)

Purple44

A little delayed due to being busy with family, but here it is...

New update for the Bug adding a new (seperate) variant to buy... The Ski Bug!
and also a Christmas prop for the standard version too.

Bugbear need to hurry up and get them snow tracks done next year.  ;)

Funny you should mention that Purp... was just thinking today, if the devs are Finnish.. why don't we have any snow and or ice tracks? since their region is know to have these elements. but I think the problem would be with the AI. it would need a whole new algorithm implemented. that is,.. when to slow down before the bend on icy terrain.  but I would love to see snow tracks as well. they are simply beautiful. which brings up another question. if the do make some snow/ice tracks, they will need to make trees with a bit of snow on them.

Bugbear has thought about snow tracks and I contuine to bug Janne about snow tracks now and then:

"But have to ask, will we see a track editor for Wreckfest, someday? I know you guys plate is still overflowing to get Wreckfest ready for a final release next year. So I'm thinking no chance to see editor in WF in the coming finally version. But maybe in a expansion pack ( along with the snow tracks ) or Wreckfest 2??"

Want snow tracks? Let Bugbear know here.

This just got posted over at Mixed-surface tracks thread, so I think it time to start a snow track thread:

We're currently working on couple of tracks that feature both tarmac and gravel on the same circuit. These will be added along the way for sure.

We've got some prototype snow and mud tracks too, but they are way down the line in development at the moment. But maybe in the future... Who knows ;)

You made me smile today, this first that I have read that Bugbear is working on snow tracks!!!!  :D :D :D :D

If the snow tracks won't be ready for release, I can wait until expansion pack. The snow tracks would be a good selling point for an expansion pack.

Please, please Bugbear, release a snow map. The snow tracks were very popular in Flatout 1 and in the POLL: Favorite environment, the Winter forest is second at 50 votes.

I think I will start a new thread to talk about snow tracks, instead of getting off topic here.

Now that it been confirm that Bugbear is looking at snow tracks, I want to encourage Bugbear to continue developing a snow map with different track variations and hope other forum members will post here and ask Bugbear to give us snow tracks, PLEASE!

I can say that at this point, snow tracks aren't in the pipeline. It's not because we don't like the idea (because we absolutely do), but because we want snow to be more than just a different color for the ground :)
Going into detail in how snow behaves when you careen thru slosh and sleet takes time and resources, and currently both are focused on good ol' regular dirt.

But, since snow seems to be something you really want, that could indeed be a nice DLC idea. Snow tracks, snow modified cars, winter decals... We'll see, we'll see... ;)

I really liked test drive off road canadian map, where you started in the grass, climbed up the mountain(there was snow) and down to grass again. Ofc its not possible in this game

Why not? :)
I mean, if we do make snow tracks, it's easy to switch between two terrain types in different parts of the track. But that's boring! What we're most of all interested in is the mixture of both -- thin ice, sleet and slosh, and the viscous mud it creates. Because when you slide from that pudding into a foot deep snow... Man, the car becomes suddenly a whole different beast to handle, and that's why, if we go for snow tracks at all, we want to do it just right :)

So I think it just a matter of time, we will see snow tracks some day, I hope.  :D

And keep the pressure on, let Bugbear know you want see snow tracks in an expansion pack or Wreckfest 2.  :P

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

A little delayed due to being busy with family, but here it is...

New update for the Bug adding a new (seperate) variant to buy... The Ski Bug!
and also a Christmas prop for the standard version too.

Thank You Very much STRmods!!! it's fun to drive and very fitting for this season :D You did a great job making this new ski mobile!                                        _
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:19:36 AM by Daystar »

STRmods

Thank You Very much STRmods!!! it's fun to drive and very fitting for this season :D You did a great job making this new ski mobile!                                        _

You're welcome and thanks! :)
Even though it's quite a gimmick, I agree driving especially on the snowy map is fun regardless! (which is ofcourse why I had to make it) :D
I just pushed an update for the Bug to fix a few things and now the skis handle damage better too, first release they could sometimes move quite far with deformation (and sometimes go through the ground a little).
Now that issue is fixed so the Ski Bug can continue sledding  ;D

Zebulon55

Schweeeeet! I can't wait to try it. Thanks.   8)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

The Very End

Someone said they wanted a track which resembled a hotwheels track - had to give it a try at least. Of course very WIP and all that stuff:

The Very End

Whelp, it turned into a monster! A lot left to go but the general shape of the track is ready. All corners are banked for highspeed.

sam223

Looks wild Tor

Ive been setting up in game decal customization so you can race as your race number without painting a skin.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Hmm, think I need to tweak those AI lines a bit more...

The Very End

It's saturday, and saturdays should have nice things! Hence, a WIP of the track I am working on:

Heddly

It's saturday, and saturdays should have nice things! Hence, a WIP of the track I am working on:
http://youtu.be/P9hxnJ25LQg

Good work TVE, the jumps look amazing.  8)

Purple44

End, do you feel 0 Gs at top of jump at 0:36 in video??

Nice track End.  :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:03:35 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Thanks! And yes, that's why it's spinning, it leaves the ground :D

sam223

Need a bit more gravity and mid-air aerodynamic drag maybe. Then they wont take off over a slight crest
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Yeah there are some strangness with the car physics. For example - if you don't tap the brakes before the jump the ass of the car will allways go down first resulting in a 180 degree suicide..

Daystar

Looks really amazing TVE! I just wonder how bad the pathways will be with the Elimination mode. all them AI cars everywhere haha