Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 168217 times)

The Very End

Ooo! Interesting! Not home before tomorrow so cannot check, but look at the audio trigger files. Can you trigger additional fxfb files? The audio trigger files are activated by distance / proximity?

sam223

Ooo! Interesting! Not home before tomorrow so cannot check, but look at the audio trigger files. Can you trigger additional fxfb files? The audio trigger files are activated by distance / proximity?
The crowd files are .dtnp,linked to a .fxtr and then the distance and soundbank ref is in a .fxau. So maybe could add more than 1 effect to the .fxtr or add it as a decompose effect in the .dtnp?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Sure, you can add either 16 or 64 effects on one trigger I think. Usually you just write the number of effects you want the trigger file to trigger, then you link them. To start it all I would just create a new dntp file where default effect is the trigger file, then add all the goodies there. You want to trigger lights to reduce performance toll or?

sam223

Sure, you can add either 16 or 64 effects on one trigger I think. Usually you just write the number of effects you want the trigger file to trigger, then you link them. To start it all I would just create a new dntp file where default effect is the trigger file, then add all the goodies there. You want to trigger lights to reduce performance toll or?
Ill have a look, i just want a light to flash when in close proximity to a object. I.e a camera flash like this

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

The Very End

Ahhhhhhhh! You want to simulate camera flashes in the crowd? I like your thought, would create a lot of atmosphere :D
When I am home tomorrow I will play around with it too, but if you get it to work feel free to post some wips or whatnot, interesting stuff.

The Very End

Thanks to Sam for his great work experimenting with lights! Just playing around here, and attached the light to custom stadium lights (using BB prop_stadium_light_02 as a base) as well as minor tweaks. Really creates some atmosphere.

A quick showcase (for testing purposes):
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:49:33 PM by The Very End »

FalconXY

That's a good evening sky weather to use with lights. It's not completely dark. Is that stock game weather ?

I like how you point lights at some objects beside the road (like adverts, crowds).
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

That's entierly random, just slapped them around to see how it all worked :p  For future tracks - maybe it's a thing, or at least have one option with night version. The weather is from Pritchard's Weather Mod (set to time 22:00): http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=877356003
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:42:17 PM by The Very End »

Heddly

Now if the cars had headlights.   :D

TT

I saw some controls for headlights in the files.

I didn't have time to mess with it, though.

FalconXY

I think the headlight files are for the damage only. They have objects like glass and sound for glass breaking.

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Heddly

I think the headlight files are for the damage only. They have objects like glass and sound for glass breaking.

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars that worked.

I must be thinking of another game, I thought that some of the Wreckfest cars did have headlights that worked.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:37:54 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Zebulon55

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars that worked.

I must be thinking of another game, I thought that some of the Wreckfest cars did have headlights that worked.
Tail and brake lights used to work on sedan, I believe.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

sam223

There is lights on a few cars still,but i think they are emitting textures that have no effect with tracks or other cars.

The Very End

Isn't it just texture glow? Basically, applying certain lightning / glow to the light bulb texture only which is not interacting with other objects?