Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 71723 times)

Dummiesman

Thanks to Devin for finally making me try something :)!

That "random" overlay texture is gone! Now I can finish up other stuff on the mod
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:19:08 PM by Dummiesman »

Mazay

I figured out BugExporter also exports .scne when folder is not named vehicle. No idea how to do collisions, so I can't really drive on it yet..

The Very End

Haha nice! I'm sure if you ask the devs nice they'll explain it :)

Mazay

I wish there was some example asset/object 3dsmax file. That could help a lot.

Dummiesman

Probably needs IsCollisionMesh (just a guess as I haven't tested out level objects myself)?

LoneWolfie

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! That finally fixed it! I guessed it was used for reflection like in most other games. The reflection seems to be controlled by skin_ao_c.bmap. Pink pixels means less reflection.

Ahh so its in skin_ao_c, that works. Thank you :D

Thanks to Devin for finally making me try something :)!

That "random" overlay texture is gone! Now I can finish up other stuff on the mod

Do you know how you managed to get rid of it? It still appears on some of mine, not sure why..

In other news, I added the proper wheels to my Delta (albet with random tire normal map overlaying it for some reason). Also, a spoiler and a better interior.

Mazay

Probably needs IsCollisionMesh (just a guess as I haven't tested out level objects myself)?

"IsCollisionModel = true" Made it just to disappear. It seems like it didn't export at all.

I figured out in BagEdit every object have .dntp file ( could be shared ) which have lots of options to choose.

Still no idea how to get collision working.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:38:12 AM by Mazay »

The Very End

From what I understand you have the object file, which consist of some options. However, a lot of the actually code and dynamics to the objects are stored in the .dntp files. My guess is that every custom object you have must link to a .dntp file of some sort, and it this file you define the characteristic of the objects. I might be wrong tho!

Dummiesman

Duplicate it, then add isCollisionModel
and name it collision_<meshname>
Might work

Mazay

No luck, I also tried to load collision_bottom.
It seems if any object have isCollisionModel the scne size drops to 1kb.

The Very End

Tried sending a quicky pm to one of the devs? Im sure they could explain what is needed to make an object solid / scne soild.

Dummiesman

This is absolutely infuriating

After making the light's material an unmentionable name, it finally works. Have another teaser
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:39:06 PM by Dummiesman »

Mazay

There we go. Secred to collisions is "col = true"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:22:08 PM by Mazay »

The Very End

Ooooooooo! So, now you can import custom objects as scne files or how does this work? Nevertheless, I expects some insane objects from ye ;)

Mazay

Yess, exactly! And process is quite easy, way easier than making a car for example.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:37:25 PM by Mazay »