Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 198784 times)

The Very End

Oh HAI little bridge!

Goodbye little bridge!

Got to figure out how to prevent stuff from falling down below track. If I can manage that it stays, if not I'll just let it be static.

The Very End

Well feck the bridge, cannot make it behave like I want so it is static. Meanwhile; Arendal Triangle will never be the same! (Old left, new right)-

As usual 4 layouts including reverse and night.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:27:10 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Looks nicer visually tor. But would be better without road markings and less sand imo. I think the old one is more realistically plausible aswell,newer version looks a bit generic.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Thanks for feedback! Speaking about the roadmarking, what parts of it? Those white stripes, or all of it? Currently the decal work consist of yellow and white stripes, asphalt cracks, skidmarks, optimal driving line and a bit sandoverlay. You think it would be better to replace some of the sand with grass or (the things not on the road)?
As for scenery, the parts you don't see is located out towards the ocean, with some ocean texture and a boat moving about.

sam223

Makes more sense in context that there is that much sand. The road is too clean i think compared to surroundings, the wear on the road edges is very fine compared to what looks like pit lane entry. Maybe remove the yellow border and white markers, increase edge wear to match pit-lane?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:44:05 AM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

The Very End

Oh the edge wear is actually just a decal texture above the road edge. But with a bit of vertex work on both the road edge and that texture might work - will look into it.

As for the white lines they has been removed. Yellow might be next one out. Could try simulating a more worn road by having more light and dark areas on in through he color map.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:42:00 AM by The Very End »

The Very End

Sam, this more in the direction of what you meant? (the decal color is a bit too dark since I have at this picture not attached it into the opacity slot, and also has not fiddled about with the color map on the road yet)

Edit: Here with correct opacy:

Edit2: A subtle, but slightly color variation through the color map (not the dark asphalt section, that's a different asphalt though the usage of splat map):
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:49:03 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Looks better i think, but still a bit off. Maybe the black stripped decals should be removed also, or be fainter. Doesn't make much sense that you have such aggressive wear to the road surface in perfect lines. On the racing line maybe but not the whole track width all the way around.
I tried to find you a reference image

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:55:08 PM by sam223 »

The Very End

Those are just skidmarks, shoukd be fairly easily to remove those and only keep the idle driving line skid marks. Your points about perfect tire marks on a worn road makes sense. I'll do some transitions into the corners instead.

If I understand that image right, it is the road shoulder that should transition from road-pepples-grass instead of road-pepples-sand?

I'll look into it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:58:54 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Its a much more natural transition ye. Where road wear has spilled onto sand/pebbles and vice versa. I think you can maybe get away with it using bugbears sand texture if the defining edge less in your face.

The Very End

Think there are some shoulder textures that has a more subtle transition, and if I blend that shoulder texture again against something else (grass texture for example) it hopefully will be less of an noticeable hard seem there. Thanks for suggestions, good having something to work towards and at same time proves quite the challenge ;)

Chipmunk

Hello, first time posting here but been messing with some creations. Very much a work in progress, but I got this going on atm  :)  I have a similar scheme on the RoadCutter as well.

I wish the tire texture didn't mirror so I could have "Eagle" on the other side, but still looks good.  I really like the clean look but kind of stands out to much and feels out of place :P

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:19:15 PM by Chipmunk »
Life is no fun until you're doing it at 200 mph

sam223

Still more textures to make but made more progress with the go kart. First time using substance painter for texturing rather than doing it all manually with photoshop

TheEngiGuy

Still more textures to make but made more progress with the go kart. First time using substance painter for texturing rather than doing it all manually with photoshop

Looks great!

The Very End

It does! And welcome to the substance club, it really is a brilliant software!