Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 198785 times)

Speedevil

That track looks great, AJD, but at some point we're going to need buggies with all those bumpy tracks.  :P

As for me, I'm working on a car mod, but I don't have anything to show yet. I'm learning 3D at the same time, so it'll take a while.

The Very End

WIP of the Stage 2 of Dakar environment. Anything missing here? Oh, and the road is uneven by intention - it's a broken road far out in the desert after all, and it creates a bit of chaos as well ;)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:44:37 PM by The Very End »

FalconXY

Anything missing here?

Yes, the curves !  ;)

A bit boring for me with only high speed straight road.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

KillerAJD

Nice stuff TVE!

It's been extremely slow going for me, as I've been super busy. I did manage to get a lot of stuff finished in the last few days though. Managed to finish the main track, plus two alternate variants. Here's another quick update:

For the more fantastical variant, I made another loop, except this time with a crossover. Still playing with it to try and get it to work as well as I can, but I'm surprised at how well it doesn't get clogged like my other loop. First of all, the AI seem to make this loop more often then not, and since there's no side walls, they sometimes just fly out the sides, which is totally fine. I have noticed that some cars will flip upside down, and don't reset themselves all that quickly, but again, still playing with it.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:58:51 AM by KillerAJD »

Zethsquatch

Sam, want to make a trophy truck next? :D
Maybe,if we built it realistically and you helped with research.

Finish these off first though

Edit: Thanks Timmy76 for down voting every post i make, hats off to your dedication.

Hold on....WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT!?
That Caddy looks awesome! And the Hudson does too!

Purple44

Like the look of your new loop KillerAJD.   :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Crash77

Nice stuff TVE!

It's been extremely slow going for me, as I've been super busy. I did manage to get a lot of stuff finished in the last few days though. Managed to finish the main track, plus two alternate variants. Here's another quick update:

For the more fantastical variant, I made another loop, except this time with a crossover. Still playing with it to try and get it to work as well as I can, but I'm surprised at how well it doesn't get clogged like my other loop. First of all, the AI seem to make this loop more often then not, and since there's no side walls, they sometimes just fly out the sides, which is totally fine. I have noticed that some cars will flip upside down, and don't reset themselves all that quickly, but again, still playing with it.

Wait, those sponsors are real. Does the Steam Workshop allow real sponsors? But, sponsors aside, this looks rad and I can wait to race on this!

The Very End

That looks really good!

Purple44

Here some video of my newest Suicide track, Sandpit 2 Suicide Loop:

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

Hold on....WHEN ARE THESE COMING OUT!?
That Caddy looks awesome! And the Hudson does too!
Slowly getting there,got a lot to finish off though

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Looks great as always Sam.
My weekend project has been involved in trying to get this to work in-game again. Changing cars do crash the game (which I don't know why does) and I need to add LOD tire models (that is why they are not visible atm). Oh and sound does not work either now so.. well shit ^^
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:36:03 PM by The Very End »

KillerAJD

Wait, those sponsors are real. Does the Steam Workshop allow real sponsors? But, sponsors aside, this looks rad and I can wait to race on this!

Real sponsors, where?!  ;D Not to say it won't ever be an issue, but I've not had any problems with my current tracks that are posted. We'll see though...

I put the loop that I was working on to the side for the time being. It just doesn't play well enough with the AI. Trying another wacky thing (think bobsleigh track, haha), but I may end up releasing what I have right now and try and add stuff later, because the rest of the track/variants are pretty much finished.

Just a quick screenshot (some stuff I had hidden to speed up the compile time). And yes, you can do full loops within the tube, haha.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:56:23 AM by KillerAJD »

KillerAJD

Real sponsors, where?!  ;D Not to say it won't ever be an issue, but I've not had any problems with my current tracks that are posted. We'll see though...

I put the loop that I was working on to the side for the time being. It just doesn't play well enough with the AI. Trying another wacky thing (think bobsleigh track, haha), but I may end up releasing what I have right now and try and add stuff later, because the rest of the track/variants are pretty much finished.

Just a quick screenshot (some stuff I had hidden to speed up the compile time). And yes, you can do full loops within the tube, haha.

As a quick request, Sam/TVE, could either one of you (or anybody else) give me a quick crash course on getting a custom surface type implemented? I was successfully able to adjust some stuff in the wettarmac.vpdp for my tube track variant (so in certain sections, your car it's very slip-n-slidey), but I'm unsure how to package that with my mod (or create an entirely new entry). I was looking back through some previous posts where you two were discussing it, but none of the links Sam posted work anymore, and I'm still unsure exactly what files need to be made, and how to compile, and then how to package them.

The Very End

Oh that's a lot of stuff you have to tweak, as well that I don't get the particles to work. Either way:

1: update the surface list with the additional surface (data/property/settings/surfacelist.srfl)
2: update the physics list / tire list within the tire folder (data/vehicle/shared/physics/tiredynamics)
3: add a surface (suse file) file with same name as the new surface (data/scene/surface)
4: add dntp file, called surface_newOne. These are placed in a other place than the ones in data / art / objects, think it is under properties / objects.
5: at export you need the files in your main BB folders, meaning you must do a lot of security copies. At same time copy the same file and folder structure over to the mod folder; as before starting game it is safe to delete those duplicate files from main folder. Will still work.

EDIT:added paths ~sam
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:38:04 PM by sam223 »

sam223

To get the particle effects to work you might need to add to data/property/effects/tire
The first 3 files in TVE list should give you clues on how its all linked together.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2