Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 198280 times)

The Very End

As what Sam says, thanks. Think it should work but whatever reason or bug or whatnot, I cannot get particles to work regardless of what I change or add within tire settings. Body contact and tiremark as well as physics all work tho.

KillerAJD

To get the particle effects to work you might need to add to data/property/effects/tire
The first 3 files in TVE list should give you clues on how its all linked together.

Oh that's a lot of stuff you have to tweak, as well that I don't get the particles to work. Either way:

1: update the surface list with the additional surface (data/property/settings/surfacelist.srfl)
2: update the physics list / tire list within the tire folder (data/vehicle/shared/physics/tiredynamics)
3: add a surface (suse file) file with same name as the new surface (data/scene/surface)
4: add dntp file, called surface_newOne. These are placed in a other place than the ones in data / art / objects, think it is under properties / objects.
5: at export you need the files in your main BB folders, meaning you must do a lot of security copies. At same time copy the same file and folder structure over to the mod folder; as before starting game it is safe to delete those duplicate files from main folder. Will still work.

EDIT:added paths ~sam

Awesome, thanks you two!

Purple44

Want to race on a 80 degree bank turn?  :o

( click pic to enlarge )

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Here some video of my redone Sandpit 1 Suicide Killer Tire track to get track to work with final version of Wreckfest:

Here what track look like back in 2016 when qgrinal track still loaded ( at 6:27 ):

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Nice Purp :)

Meanwhile - I regret everything...

(Not textured yet, you are basically seeing what is going to be the color map - road layout is the only thing that basically is layed out)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:59:06 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Nice Purp :)

Meanwhile - I regret everything...

(Not textured yet, you are basically seeing what is going to be the color map - road layout is the only thing that basically is layed out)
Looks good so far Tor,using google earth topography?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Nah, Google Earth was too little details and impossible to level the road. Had to build roads, then expand until it was all squared (the edges you can see is the ref. picture size). I manually moving terrain now which is... painfull. Good thing I live around these parts, meaning I can use my memory for modelling, even tho it will look completely different than what the real life thing is.
But alas, got to try out new things. Thanks btw!

sam223

ah,maybe due to so many trees? I though it'd be ideal for mountain height etc
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Maybe, or, it seems Google is having really low detail maps over Norway. In Norway we have great mapping services offering a range of tools, but due to legal rights (and privatization of the services) you cannot download hightmaps / satelite photos (at least not in usable formats, or if you are not willing to pay 10 000 (not kidding, that is the price I would have to pay for the area in question)). This color map is stiched together with about 5-6 different shots done through print screen... ugh

Daystar

Used to use this site for my Cities Skylines game - http://terrain.party/ -
have fun with it

The Very End

Yeah tried that too hehe! But that again is a bit too grainy / undetailed for Norway. Even if you have a super-high res / detailed model, you get spikes and whatnot as it is not detailed enough. But, we'll get to a happy compromise, as I can drive around and collect a bit of references myself ;)

Dalags

Does anyone know of a way to find and replace things in .scne files?
Would be super useful to be able to change multiple file paths in 1 go without manually doing it for each reference

The Very End

Not sure if it helps, but duplicating files / folders within Bagedit will let Bagedit automatic change the paths. Say you have folder x in mod x or main folder, duplicate that into mod y; Bagedit will now work and change all (if not, most) of the paths to point to this new location. Not sure if it helps, but might be a option number two.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:53:12 AM by The Very End »

Mazay

Does anyone know of a way to find and replace things in .scne files?
Would be super useful to be able to change multiple file paths in 1 go without manually doing it for each reference

You could uncompress .scne files with breckfest -dump, and then do text replace in hex edit for paths.
But caveat is the new path must have as many characters as old. Still can work ok if you are willing to change lengths of your folder names.

I have thought of making simple text format that would have list of objects + coordinates that you could import/export to wreckfest.
Might be useful?

Dalags

Thanks for the methods, will give them a try  :)