Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 108303 times)

Axarator

Yeah the white floor + ramp is from the sneak peek I just used it as a base while I tested props, I'll be making my own whole arena when I release it though.
How did you manage to open the sneak peak?
Edit: nvm, it's just the santa sneak peak, but how do I make my custom map objects solid, and how to texture them? (I'm using 3ds max)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:02:57 AM by Axarator »
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

STRmods

Edit: nvm, it's just the santa sneak peak, but how do I make my custom map objects solid, and how to texture them? (I'm using 3ds max)

Just check YouTube to learn some basics of 3DS Max/Blender, like how to setup materials etc. And for custom map objects just set user defined properties as "col = true" on anything you want to be able to hit/drive on

Also not sure if this really counts as "WIP" but I think it's interesting... I tried this just to see if I could make a big map that was quite dense with just a single .scne file, worked fine and didn't even look as bad as I was expecting haha.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:54:28 PM by STRmods »

The Very End

Holy shit! So, how you got that whole map into the Blender? And exported it as bgo3 format and the normal bgo3 file into assertbuilder?

sam223

@STRmods interesting stuff. Would be cool if you could import some of the stadium from the later GTA's. I know you could race in one of them.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

STRmods

@STRmods interesting stuff. Would be cool if you could import some of the stadium from the later GTA's. I know you could race in one of them.

Funny you say this... I was thinking of importing the bloodring map from vice city/san andreas hah. So yeah maybe I will :)

STRmods

Holy shit! So, how you got that whole map into the Blender? And exported it as bgo3 format and the normal bgo3 file into assertbuilder?

Well I had to split the map up into parts as the max tri's/polys per object is around 65k I think? But other than that, I just imported the map, set up the materials, added collision and exported haha. It was actually pretty easy to do only took around 30 mins and that includes messing around getting the map in the first place. It has some issue's like one sided textures on a few walls and stuff but for a quick test it worked quite well  :D

The Very End

That's great work! Now I'll demand you to import the Red Pike Arena / Chalk Cannyon from Destruction Derby 2! :p

Although I'm not into the whole "ramp" thing, I would love to race on a city circuit map like that. It would be a blast.

Axarator

Just check YouTube to learn some basics of 3DS Max/Blender, like how to setup materials etc. And for custom map objects just set user defined properties as "col = true" on anything you want to be able to hit/drive on

Also not sure if this really counts as "WIP" but I think it's interesting... I tried this just to see if I could make a big map that was quite dense with just a single .scne file, worked fine and didn't even look as bad as I was expecting haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojexQnBcktM

Yeah, I managed to make a map from scratch too :P
It's in my DriftFest mod now, but here is some screenys incase you didn't see:

Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Mazay

Something is cooking  ...or burning :P

The Very End

;) Same here, through some contacts I got a hold on certain assets:

Devin

;) Same here, through some contacts I got a hold on certain assets:

No way!

^Me earlier this day...

Well, guess it's time for me to start porting the rainbow road :D

Daystar

I wonder if NR2003 tracks could be ported over to Wreckfest?

I know! some of the tracks are real cheesy, yet some look cool! and I am excited to see your track hopefully someday The Very End!

Orbotnive T

I wonder if NR2003 tracks could be ported over to Wreckfest?

Many of those really do look a lot of fun, what a great base to do a few scenic upgrades to :)

PsychOXRat

Cones, my only weakness.

So yeah, damage is coming along pretty, uh, strangely.
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX