Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 187201 times)

The Very End

Thanks to Sam for his great work experimenting with lights! Just playing around here, and attached the light to custom stadium lights (using BB prop_stadium_light_02 as a base) as well as minor tweaks. Really creates some atmosphere.

A quick showcase (for testing purposes):
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:49:33 PM by The Very End »

FalconXY

That's a good evening sky weather to use with lights. It's not completely dark. Is that stock game weather ?

I like how you point lights at some objects beside the road (like adverts, crowds).
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

The Very End

That's entierly random, just slapped them around to see how it all worked :p  For future tracks - maybe it's a thing, or at least have one option with night version. The weather is from Pritchard's Weather Mod (set to time 22:00): http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=877356003
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:42:17 PM by The Very End »

Heddly

Now if the cars had headlights.   :D

TT

I saw some controls for headlights in the files.

I didn't have time to mess with it, though.

FalconXY

I think the headlight files are for the damage only. They have objects like glass and sound for glass breaking.

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Heddly

I think the headlight files are for the damage only. They have objects like glass and sound for glass breaking.

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars that worked.

I must be thinking of another game, I thought that some of the Wreckfest cars did have headlights that worked.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:37:54 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Zebulon55

I would not prefer working car lights. Not realistic for banger or derby cars that worked.

I must be thinking of another game, I thought that some of the Wreckfest cars did have headlights that worked.
Tail and brake lights used to work on sedan, I believe.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

sam223

There is lights on a few cars still,but i think they are emitting textures that have no effect with tracks or other cars.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Isn't it just texture glow? Basically, applying certain lightning / glow to the light bulb texture only which is not interacting with other objects?

sam223

Isn't it just texture glow? Basically, applying certain lightning / glow to the light bulb texture only which is not interacting with other objects?
I think so yea,id only looked briefly on how to set them on cars. Since there's lots of light options that looked interesting at the time. But they do appear to have no effect on anything. Not sure if there is a way to adjust their brightness etc either though.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

STRmods

This is the lights on my KillerBee, even in a dark area they don't actually emit light onto the ground it's just a shader effect that switches between 2 textures (on and off) then adds a self illumination to each. They do however have a very slight red glow around if you notice.
Even headlights work this way and won't project light onto the track for example. (At least the last time I tested them)

Heddly

It's really no big deal. I was thinking of the FO2 game having them, but their is really no need for them on a track with lights. Just thought it would add to the night environment.   :)

Just a word of warning about those lights, we might be forced to remove them someday due to some shader limitations.

But if you still want to use them, you can use omni lights in 3dsmax. Just name them someLight#lightfill01, somelight#lightfill02 etc. Light intensity and color works but can't remember if other parameters do anything.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:00:30 AM by Petri Alanenpää »

The Very End

Progress has been made!