Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 185998 times)

Defectiv

(Off topic: you guys should really set up a shared thread/forum dealing with all things track making. I'm craving to start but still daunted by it, snippets of info all over the forum but I don't have a clue where to start).
CPU: i7-7700 Mem: 32gb GFX: GTX 1080ti OS: W10x64

The Very End

This topic actually is a good brainstorming topic, where we usually throws ideas back and forth. Some bear fruit, some bears not, yet it is a very nice place. A good place to start is just to start, then just throw out questions when unsure.

sam223

Yeah, it seems to work. Still think at export that the files need to be in main BB folder, but once exported you can move everything to mod folder.
Will test out those. Then it is a matter of AI and bigger cars, is that taken into consideration?
Should be fine imo. All ive done is reduce longitudinal grip,so its harder to get traction and upto speed,meaning youll only jump if you get a run up. You shouldnt jump as far (take off) if your run up started at the base of the jump. If ai have problems i can fix that
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

I'll try to get some work done on terrain, and then I'll test it a bit more with AI and we'll see. Thanks for the inputs and files, it's all those tiny details  that makes up the picture.

Hey, the very end, with what soft/plug in do you manage the terrain part of your tracks ? Just to know ! :D

The Very End

Depends, but usually 3ds max. If I want to create some scenery terrian I usually use Unity to handle heitmaps, as 3ds max sucks at it. Then I exported it into 3ds max and tries to get it working.
While in 3ds max there are a range of stuff you can do and there is no best technique here.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:08:11 PM by The Very End »

The Very End

A new WIP video is up, showcasing the new sand physics (will add particles later) and cliffs / mountains:

Edit: Sam - A side effect here is that the breakable objects does slide all about, as there is no friction. Any chance you could change the lon / tire parameters to account for, something like 0,7 or 0.8 friction from the .dntp file? I have no idea how much the one affects the other.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:28:16 PM by The Very End »

sam223

A new WIP video is up, showcasing the new sand physics (will add particles later) and cliffs / mountains:

Edit: Sam - A side effect here is that the breakable objects does slide all about, as there is no friction. Any chance you could change the lon / tire parameters to account for, something like 0,7 or 0.8 friction from the .dntp file? I have no idea how much the one affects the other.
Looks better imo,takes you a bit of time to get upto speed. Could make be a bit lower.

The objects sliding around are probably just from me messing up the friction settings in data/property/object/ & /settings (surface_tvesand.dntp & surfacelist.srfl). You can return those to gravel settings safely,then lower hardness/stiffness again. They only really needed so that the tire physics recognize the #surface
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

The Very End

Alright thanks! The AI also seems balanced, and are actually pretty damn fast. They also do mistakes as they are not very aware of the tire tracks.

Speaking of final touches; what kind of texture(s) goes well alongside sand? Trying to create a bit of variety, but I have absolute no clue what textures to add. A green oasis with some trees, or some general road sand or some concrete elements? Fire away!

Edit: cannot get particles to work, maybe I have to have stiffness on surface to 0.1 instead of 0? The contact effect is linked to the gravel contact effects, and tiremarks works, but no spawning unless  the car rolls.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:40:34 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Alright thanks! The AI also seems balanced, and are actually pretty damn fast. They also do mistakes as they are not very aware of the tire tracks.

Speaking of final touches; what kind of texture(s) goes well alongside sand? Trying to create a bit of variety, but I have absolute no clue what textures to add. A green oasis with some trees, or some general road sand or some concrete elements? Fire away!

Edit: cannot get particles to work, maybe I have to have stiffness on surface to 0.1 instead of 0? The contact effect is linked to the gravel contact effects, and tiremarks works, but no spawning unless  the car rolls.
Dont worry ill try sort those bits out and send you the complete set of files to just dump in and overwrite.

As for textures. Loose sand,smooth sand, wet sand,compacted sand,pebbles,rocks ;)

The Very End

Well great, you just listed up like half of the earths materials .. lol ;D Well, will try to find some variations of sand dunes / sand textures and scatter it about to create some variety. Thanks btw!
Heading to bed after a long day of work, the decal coloring has been removed and blend textures has taken it's place:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:06:41 AM by The Very End »

Zebulon55

As for textures. Loose sand,smooth sand, wet sand,compacted sand,pebbles,rocks ;)

Have you got anything without spam sand?

LoL. Sorry. This called to mind Monty Python's Spam sketch.  ;D
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

The Very End

Alright, probably the last 3 shots before relase. Just got to figure out why particles are not working on the latest surface.
Just a heads up - this track, while it might look easy, is really a test for any driver. The surface is so uneven and the tyre tracks / holes will send your car in all directions, keeping you on your toes all the time.

sam223

Recent banger mod progress

sam223