Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 192195 times)

The Very End

More work done on the road course. Much to be done but general shape starting to take form. Those doubleroads you see are actually very wide bicycle / walking paths, in real life they are almost as wide as the road itself. Funfact - the cyclists still does not use it lol. Not sure how it all plans or work out, but I'll play around with it every now and then when I get time, and we'll  see how it turns out.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:10:13 AM by The Very End »

Purple44

More work done on the road course. Much to be done but general shape starting to take form. Those doubleroads you see are actually very wide bicycle / walking paths, in real life they are almost as wide as the road itself. Funfact - the cyclists still does not use it lol. Not sure how it all plans or work out, but I'll play around with it every now and then when I get time, and we'll  see how it turns out.

Hmm, maybe I find and off-road track in there somewhere when you get track finish End.  :D :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

With its 2x4 km that should very much be possible haha.
Probably what I could do is to change out some part of the road from tarmac to gravel, just to create more diversity.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:12:02 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Map look to big make a Cops and Robbers map out of it. But hopeful I can find some good hills for some big air, to use for an off-road track.  :D

Purple44

Here a Halloween inspired video of Suicide track using Zeb Halloween skin mod:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,11613.0.html

The Very End

Nice one Purp.
Threw together a small video-thingy of the thing (lacking functional splatmap, water areas, foliage, details, houses for the residential areas, bridge etc etc. yatta yatta):

Finsku

Nice one Purp.
Threw together a small video-thingy of the thing (lacking functional splatmap, water areas, foliage, details, houses for the residential areas, bridge etc etc. yatta yatta):
<video>

Whoa! This is what I've looked for, some NFS Pro Street action. Make some small rocks next to road and ditches so it would be more difficulty.

Are your terrain and road two different objects, or do you just texture road part with different materials? Why I didn't continue my track mod is because I didn't find "easy" way to make roads "stick" on terrain object without any caps between road and terrain objects.

The Very End

Thanks! And yes, stones and details is a must :D They are same object actually. Layed the road down according to satellite images, then I expanded it with same sizes to get shoulders and ditches, then bigger squares and welding as you get further away from road. Sharing the same object makes splatmap easier.

One crude way of doing it if you have a road object and a terrain object:
1: bolean cut / cutter cut the road into terrain
2: weld stuff together, scripts like Snap! eases the job
3: merge the two objects, and update the materials to support a common splatmap
4: e.g. road has its own material and texture, shoulders the same - blends transition to terrain, and terrain has its own stuff. For further blending you can use decals like asphalt_edge ones coupled with some sand decals to create a bit of variety. Only briefly used much of these myself, but as I continue I am using more and more of the toolbox.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:45:27 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Nice End. Go for a country drive.  :D

Keep in mind, online players will look to cut corners if it faster. it Wreckfest, some corner cutting good. But might want discourage it in some places. Rough the terrain up some, small rock to launch your car, etc.

Dalags

That looks amazing TVE - that's gunna be a huge project, can't wait to see more progress made on it!

CrashsTestsFr

Just ... wow.
Looks like Wreckfest has its own Nordshleife now :)

A 60 laps race on this track would be a real challenge, especially with the 3 big jumps along the way :p

Keep up the good work !
https://www.crashs-tests.fr
Windows 10 / i7-4790K 4Ghz / nVidia 1080 GTX / 16GB  Xbox One pad / G27 / T500RS
Oculus DK2 & CV1

The Very End

Thanks for all your kind words! Not got the time I wanted this week to get much done, but the first residential area starting to take shape. Bit pre-made, some self-made but all fited together. A lot more of these residental areas has to be added, hences the work ahead of me is... quite something.

KillerAJD

Thanks for all your kind words! Not got the time I wanted this week to get much done, but the first residential area starting to take shape. Bit pre-made, some self-made but all fited together. A lot more of these residental areas has to be added, hences the work ahead of me is... quite something.

Fantastic stuff TVE! The track is looking really awesome. Hopefully I can get back to making tracks soon! I did see that iRacing is adding off road trucks, and the first track they've revealed is Wild West Motorsports Park, haha. The preview video looks strikingly similar to my version in Wreckfest, so considering mine was done completely manually with no real laser scanning (just altitude estimations with Google Earth), I'm pretty happy with the result. I can't imagine doing a track like what you're working on by hand. It looks like it'd take me 6+ months to get even close to anything decent looking with a track that demanding in content. I definitely am excited to see your finished version.

The Very End

The more the merrier, and your track looked well done. Did you get the color map from google map or you used other scources btw? Was a lot of nice details to it.
Thanks btw! Trying to create a place that has a fine mix between "lively" places and forest, which means adding all sort of stuff. Focusing on this area now and adding residental areas and industry / shops (the buildings might not match their purpose, but I guess... use your immagination haha!) ;)

The Very End

Sorry doublepost, but current preview: