Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 192193 times)

sam223

Looks like its coming together pretty nicely. Im sure ive said this before about your track making,but less is more imo. Like in the video,you've commented that the open field is bare. I actually think that part is more visually appealing and feels more natural, than some of more detailed parts.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Thanks for input, and I agree. It's not much that is suposed to be there, but at least one residential area with some houses clustered, and a farm house or two at the really open areas to give a sense / feel of farm area. Might also add a couple of moving tractors there to give it a bit more atmosphere, but got to see how that plays out.

sam223

Ye maybe that could work. The ending part is the most beautiful part though currently imo. Id advise changing the offroad surface to something much more bumpy though,currently it looks like you can go on/offroad with almost no change in driving dynamics. Realistically speaking it should be more bumpy if farmland or very slippery if grassy. Maybe add more detailed geometry to road edge, to give you the sense of fear youd get when getting close to the road edge,rather than just on<>off no problems.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:55:05 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

The Very End

Great advice and thanks - apreciate it. As you say it should and will be more bumpy close to the road. 
Edit: I actually started out forming the roads with ditches, and though about a meter - a meter and a half was deep enough, but it seems like they need to be further deeper, as well that they need to be a lot more rougher. That way it would be real risky hazard going out from the road. What you think about that? At least here in my parts the ditches are pretty smooth, but then again - there need to be a certain fun factor and risk / reward to it, or people will just plow thorugh them without much thoughts.
I'll work with 'em :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 09:25:43 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

"track need a name" - Country Drive ?

"S turn "   S turns good, especially if 2 car wide.  :)

Big yes to using farm house and tractor objects. If do moving tractor, will there be farmer john or jane driving tractor?

Suggest a scarecrow with a Bugbear icon head if not to much trouble to do. Might cause someone to drive off the road, first time they see it, if close enough to the road.  ;)

Anybody out there like to tackle making a Bugbear scarecrow for End?

About ditches, don't make to deep where they would screw up a player's race big time if they get bump into a ditch by other player. If got Flatout 2, take a look at the depth of the ditches in the field tracks. They were deep enough to feel, but not too deep.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Haha! Scarecrow :p I'll test around a bit and see how it works out, we'll find the golden middleway as they call it :)
Thst S turn was meant to be fixed, but then I forgot it and now it is so built in I can't imagine using the time to try fixing it, just make sure to watch out because in those speeds your car flies straight into the woods with the smallest of contacts!

sam223

Great advice and thanks - apreciate it. As you say it should and will be more bumpy close to the road. 
Edit: I actually started out forming the roads with ditches, and though about a meter - a meter and a half was deep enough, but it seems like they need to be further deeper, as well that they need to be a lot more rougher. That way it would be real risky hazard going out from the road. What you think about that? At least here in my parts the ditches are pretty smooth, but then again - there need to be a certain fun factor and risk / reward to it, or people will just plow thorugh them without much thoughts.
I'll work with 'em :)

Personally id make going off road super risky,just like it is IRL. You go offroad/cut,its a massive risk, which adds to the adrenaline of racing. If there's no risk you might get a better race,i.e 3/4 wide with people on the grass, but then there is little to no decision making. Do i cut or not,do i take the risk or not? instead just go offroad without i care in the world.

Location wise there is maybe a drainage ditch near the edge of the road anyway with it being next to a farming field? deep enough to get stuck probably.

As purple said it might spoil someones race,but you can guarantee that if someone puts you in the ditch, then the next race they are 100% going in there themselves.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:17:11 AM by sam223 »

The Very End

Haha yeah, true point. In the woods there are so many obstacles that will add to the adrenaline, but when it is open that could be kept by adding some of those ditches with a rough surface to them. As you say, without studying them I would guess they are for the purpose of draining. Most roads in Norway, regardless of size does have these kinds of dips close to the road shoulder.

A second thing that will change is that the height difference between the road and the field at the final long straights will be higher. In my local area it is a couple of meters high, and I think having some of that with intentional no barriers will be quite the thrill at 200km/h+ side by side. I'll / we'll experiment a bit and see what works out.

sam223

Haha yeah, true point. In the woods there are so many obstacles that will add to the adrenaline, but when it is open that could be kept by adding some of those ditches with a rough surface to them. As you say, without studying them I would guess they are for the purpose of draining. Most roads in Norway, regardless of size does have these kinds of dips close to the road shoulder.

A second thing that will change is that the height difference between the road and the field at the final long straights will be higher. In my local area it is a couple of meters high, and I think having some of that with intentional no barriers will be quite the thrill at 200km/h+ side by side. I'll / we'll experiment a bit and see what works out.

Depends what kinda gameplay you wanna create i guess. Entirely upto you really. Personally i prefer much more hardcore experience,high risk/high reward. Dark souls racing game. But can understand others prefer it more relaxed, forza style etc.

Purple44

For a bridge, could use Bugbear wooden bridge.   :D  It still there in Pinehills Raceway track. I'm surprise Bugbear has not use it on a track yet. Maybe Devs waiting until they have working water in Wreckfest? But would work in a dry river bed.

St. Jimmy

Don't forget that you could also make the outside road physics more harder what they currently are. Maybe make even your own tire physics for them so you don't edit the existing ones and maybe have undesired effect on some other track.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

True true! I could use re-use the Dakar (very slippery) physics for it, making it very hard to controll the car outside the road. Then I make it very much harder so that the smallest bumps really hurt the car. Will play around a bit thanks :)

Purple44

Then I make it very much harder so that the smallest bumps really hurt the car. Will play around a bit thanks :)

Hope you don't mean health bar going take a major hit if go offroad?

If get bump off the road, would get penalize twice!!  :(

The Very End

It should not, as long as the body of the car does not hit the ground. As long as the tires hit it it won't cause issues.

sam223

Have been having a refresh/edit of the first model i ever put in wreckfest. Ford mk1 Granada 2 door saloon.