Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 192189 times)

The Very End

Looks great Sam! Out of curiosity; is that one or the base materials from substance painter you have used and altered?
Meanwhile, progress report:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:47:11 PM by The Very End »

sam223

Looks great Sam! Out of curiosity; is that one or the base materials from substance painter you have used and altered?
Smart material i have made built up of a bunch of edited base materials. Whole car is textured in substance painter though.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 08:07:38 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Thanks for info, and how you like it so far compared to the old ways?
Video is now published, sorry for that!

sam223

Thanks for info, and how you like it so far compared to the old ways?
Video is now published, sorry for that!
Massive time save making all textures procedural. Just takes time baking them instead.
Being able to paint them all in 1 place is useful also,especially with hand making normal maps for damage etc.

The track is looking really good btw,hazard level much improved also
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:07:29 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

That car look like it been in a race or 2 already Sam.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Here new video of my next fig8 track:

Got track idea from Caley19.   :D

Dalags

Meanwhile, progress report:

Looking really good! Great to see all the extra scenery being put in. Bridge is a cool feature, looking forward to seeing how you do the water areas.
Reminds me of the Flatout 1 maps, loved being able to explore the small urban areas on every track, was dissapointed you'd get reset every time in Flatout 2 whenever you went off course!

The Very End

Thanks! Well, even tho the small roads leading off the track does not lead to anything interesting, you should still be able to drive them. The AI paths are made so that you can go something like 20-30 meters off the road before red ring of doom happens. Should not be too much possibility to cut corners, as there are obstacles and heavy ditches on the outside to prevent anything gained from it - and even if you somehow manage to do it the risk involved is probably high.

Working on the AI paths now. If someone knows a way to bind the mouse movements to a spline, that would be quite something! Had to make these with freehand which tok some time...

Edit: Good news! Been testing with 24 AI's an higher graphics settings than what I normally use (ultra grass), and it does not seem to absolutely destroy the FPS! Sure, it's an impact but it is playable!
The AI needs work tho, as they can't do one corner correct haha!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 02:58:24 PM by The Very End »

Daystar

This is great news Tor! and really good news for the middle rig users ie: i5 processor + 2 gb grafix ram cards lol! Really this looks like one of your best tracks to date! hope you get the ai line sorted out without too much hassle :)

The Very End

Doing last finish touches here and there before the release this weekend. Some (mediocre, but still) norwegian road signs created, and a small construction area. Should the white barriers be there or not btw? Can't deside what is best. On some roadwork sites they use it, others don't, so a bit unsure here in terms of that and gameplay wise.

Purple44

If I get force left, can I still drive through construction site and not miss a checkpoint?

Will there be a bump at transition from dirt to asphalt, so there a penalty if go left?

The Very End

Yeah, should of course not be missing anything when going left, think you can far out like 30 meters or something from track and still within the sector :)
It is a small elevation change, not much, to sort of fake-simluate that the tarmac has been peeled away, as well that the physics are gravel. In addition there are loaders and cars in the path, meaning it probably will be a lot slower / dangerous to go that route.
For a little nice touch those signs are at the start and end of the construction zone :D The track has a normal and reverse layout so all signs are placed in both directions.
Forgot to mention - the signs are moveable, so be nice to them.