Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 108232 times)

The Very End

Np :) Btw, not all collisions / contacts need dynamic type. Take a look on the picture I have attached.

For example, I once tested adding one extra effect to the car vs car collision. The extra effect were the static killplayer effect. When car's hit eachothers - they instantly DNF'ed :D
I am sure you can make an static object (which does not move or do anything particular), but when something comes in contact with it, link in the killplayer effect. Just play around and test out things, it should work, at least the static type.

Edit: See picture:

Change contact effect to the killplayer effect (not the dynamic type, the static). Should give you some interesting results ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:59:34 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Np :) Btw, not all collisions / contacts need dynamic type. Take a look on the picture I have attached.

For example, I once tested adding one extra effect to the car vs car collision. The extra effect were the static killplayer effect. When car's hit eachothers - they instantly DNF'ed :D
I am sure you can make an static object (which does not move or do anything particular), but when something comes in contact with it, link in the killplayer effect. Just play around and test out things, it should work, at least the static type.

Edit: See picture:

Change contact effect to the killplayer effect (not the dynamic type, the static). Should give you some interesting results ;)

Big thanks End on helping me. I got killer cones!!!  :o

Beware of taking alternative route on a Purple44 track!!  ;D   Now I can think more about the King of the Roof\platform derby I want to do above Sandpit 1 track.  :D

About making killer cones ( killer objects ), I had already place some cones on the gokart track last night. Even tried tweaking the tracfficone.dntp to see if I could get killer tires using the Restitution setting, but setting only let me go up to 1, not the 35 Restitution number I use in Flatout 1 King of the Roof derby.  ( Any chance of getting a higher Restitution number Bugbear? )

So after seeing End last pic, I wanted to try it on the cones I had on the Gokart track. I change Contact Effect to point to the killplayer.fxtr file End gave us, it work.  :D :D

Now if you were to make a custom object ( prop_killer_ramp ) you wanted to turn into a killer object and not effect the other objects in the game, would need to make a custom dntp file and point your new object to that custom dntp file (killerramp.dntp ).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:51:54 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Fun to see you got it workng, make ut some fun objects :D

ajanhallinta

I'm actually making this for GTA IV, but i may need try to convert this beauty for NGC when i got it finished.
Valmet 565:

HAHAHAHAHA

Will we be racing through barns and dodging cows?

Purple44

I'm actually making this for GTA IV, but i may need try to convert this beauty for NGC when i got it finished.
Valmet 565:

Hmmm, do I need make a straw bale obstacle course for the tractor?

The Very End

You allways askes for a skyscraper derby Purple, will this be sufficient? xP

I call it, derby on a box!

Purple44

You allways askes for a skyscraper derby Purple, will this be sufficient? xP

I call it, derby on a box!

All right, a King of the Roof derby!!  :D :D 

Only suggest I would make is can you make skyscraper taller, make the fall a little looonger.  :)

The Very End

Problem is that it is soooooooo ugly lol xD at higher hights I do not have scenery to cover the emty spaces of the world ;p

sam223

Surprised how easy these low poly models go in,and damage is still decent. Next up rims and fix the n/s maps.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Woah! Are you going to release a pack or something?

sam223

Woah! Are you going to release a pack or something?
Yes working on around 30 cars,low poly conversions from online bangers with a few touch ups
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

The Very End

30?! Sweet jesus O_o

sam223

30?! Sweet jesus O_o
Don't worry there another 100 or so after that :)

Orbotnive T

30?! Sweet jesus O_o
Don't worry there another 100 or so after that :)

I'm really happy about these cars that will make it in, in time :D