Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 103192 times)

PsychOXRat

I made a quick mod changing all cars aero to 0, they jump like a car would as before they had lift on the front and downforce on the rear

Now they jump realistically
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

The Very End

Oh nice! What file is that located in again? Is it vehicle shared?

PsychOXRat

It's the chassis file on each car, I'll be uploading this to the Steam Workshop after I get some feedback from testers, all of which say the cars feel more responsive now than they did before and feels like the magic Build 6
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:47:02 PM by PsychOXRat »
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

BrianUK

It's the chassis file on each car, I'll be uploading this to the Steam Workshop after I get some feedback from testers, all of which say the cars feel more responsive now than they did before and feels like the magic Build 6

Took the AM1 on a 15 lap run on Gravel F. Same setup (locked diff, 4 speed, rally tyres/susp) as for my current board time which was made with heavy doses of handbrake.

Matched my current time of 38.77s. Car is far more responsive on turn-in through raw steering requiring no handbrake at all, and the throttle now rotates the car nicely rather than making it go straight on because the front is no longer being lifted off the floor by the erroneous front lift settings. With my current build pad settings (which are compensating for the shit understeer), I actually found my car too responsive and was constantly countering all the rotation I was able to put in. The RWD felt like RWD again and not an FF.

The jumps were also far nicer, I spent absolutely NO TIME RECOVERING FROM A SUPER-MEGA-CRAZY FLIP that was caused by a diving rear, followed by a slamming front. I took some odd bounces if I landed badly, but all others were Build 6 smooth.

100mph jump on Sandpit 1 Rt2:

Build 6 is back.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:12:46 PM by BrianUK »

Daystar

Making more progress tonight with my skyboxes  :)

trying new techniques with testing. it is really fun actually. and beer later! yay haha
Cheers!

Daystar

So new sky created off of my above experiment  :D Arroyo Sky.

Turned out cool I do say lol

Heddly

You should name it Day Star, the sun looks like a star.  8)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 11:11:10 PM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Daystar

You should name it Day Star, the sun looks like a star.  8)

Haha good observation! and nah not the Arroyo one I created. That one is actually named after a cool park in Union City, California "Arroyo Park" where me and my friends used to always hang out.
but I will someday name a sky after my user name.. sure why not hehe

Daystar

"Sweet Dreams" maybe comin your way!  testing in game now, to see if it looks good enough ;)

Back in a bit... Cheers!

Daystar

Progress report on "Sweet Dreams" sky. Failed!!!
uhm why? no scaling in Bagedit app... ughhh!

Daystar: Why in hell did my sky not work?
NASA: Well Daystar, seems Bagedit does not have a skybox scaling feature!
Daystar: Not only that, I cannot lower my skybox below -4000! wtf!
NASA: Yes that is a serious issue you may want to point out with the Bugbear developers!
Daystar: I will indeed.
NASA: But your sky seems to be ok :-)
Daystar: No effin way! I only see the very bottom part of the crescent moon! it is unacceptable for my skypack!
NASA: Houston, we may have a problem...
Daystar: You think? well duh...

Fack Shiz damn!!! sometimes modding makes me ticked off!!! haha but I love it none the less  :D

Daystar

Oh! and forgot to mention silly me... It takes freaking forever to render my skys I create ughhhh. sometimes up to 2 hours. specially the panorama renders as illustrated below.
panoramic renders are the best though.. they are seamless and I do not need to edit them in paint programs etc.. but ughhh when I run my Vue art app, I cannot play my Wreckfest. it hogs my memory ahwell.

I would love it if we had day-night cycles with street lights that come on at night for long endurance races.

Daystar

I would love it if we had day-night cycles with street lights that come on at night for long endurance races.

Yeah I would love that as well.. and perhaps some real weather effects also, such as rain, fog etc.  :D

Daystar

Yep more sneak peeks at my Mega Skypack I am still working on... time consuming making these skys really!
Note: Track names are due to change at any given time. thanks for peeking again!

Oh yes, I refined the "Beautiful" track. optimized it a bit more.

Edit: I meant weather names not track names... I need sleep again haha :P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:50:21 PM by Daystar »

FollowWings

YES iTS SEEMS to be very impressive Daystar!! :)
Just put more shadow where is night and more fog where is clouds! :)
Cool Weathers!! <3
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64