Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 77492 times)

Purple44

So through the warehouse is a suicide section ( 2 way )?  :)

This track looking pretty big now. The red barrier walls, those your object End?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Yeah, those white barriers and red barriers I made myself, but they utilize Bugbear's textures. In additional they break. The red one break on top as well. Lastly, when hit at more than 120 km/h (aprox) the barriers break entirely and is moved from it's original position :)

As for performance it's not actually bad! Been working hard on testing out different things in terms of foliage (there is no grass or rocks around, but I am sacrificing the look (which you mostly won't see at high-speed) for the performance. Hopefully this runs well on lower end systems too :)

Thanks!   

Edit: About warehouse, yes! Both in the highspeed version and the warehouse version you will have to go through the same entrance of the green warehouse.

Made a quick video (no sounds) of the 3 racing layouts:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:42:40 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Nice!  :D

Suggestion End, could you do a derby inside the warehouse, with them columns, be a good place for a derby.

We did a derby in Flatout 2 in underground parking garage. :)

Jump to 7:40

The Very End

Ah yeah sure! I'll make one variant :) You mean the big green one?

Purple44

Ah yeah sure! I'll make one variant :) You mean the big green one?

Warehouse at 0:28. Block both ends off. Maybe add some stuff to hide behind\ drive around? Partition walls? Stacks of barrels and pallets?

The Very End

Yeah I can add a bit of barrels and tires to create some mayhem and seal of the exits. Too bad there is no lights in Wreckfest atm, so it will be pretty dark. I can illuminate the textures, but it looks very strange to have exactly same light inside and outside, so a bit dark it will be.

Heddly

Yeah I can add a bit of barrels and tires to create some mayhem and seal of the exits. Too bad there is no lights in Wreckfest atm, so it will be pretty dark. I can illuminate the textures, but it looks very strange to have exactly same light inside and outside, so a bit dark it will be.

Would it be possible to add windows on the roof or walls?

sam223

Do these not work yet?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

If block just the 2 ends enough a car can't get out or knock out, that let some light in? How about"jail bars"? That let light through and space them enough so a mini can't get out?

The Very End

There are allready windows on the roof and on the front / back walls, but it still is dark. Will experiment with more windows. As for lights, nope :) On some of BBs track and assets they have added data to it, but it seems to do nothing. My guess is that it comes at a later stage.

The Very End

Like this? The roof is glass and not open btw.

Daystar

How much longer? I am going nuts waiting TVE! lol no rush... perhaps you do not have the AI lines worked out yet. but hey loving the design of your new place!

The Very End

Yeah got some work to do, and Ratty pointed out I should have lines on the tarmac on the chicane layout giving hints where to go :)
Too bad the game gives me index out of bound error now so meh... no idea why, fcking game >.< No idea when done, hopefully not too long.

Daystar

Yeah got some work to do, and Ratty pointed out I should have lines on the tarmac on the chicane layout giving hints where to go :)
Too bad the game gives me index out of bound error now so meh... no idea why, fcking game >.< No idea when done, hopefully not too long.

Oh yikes  :-[ worse than a Gosub has no Return error! yeah remember that error from my Qbasic days... damn I am aging myself haha! well good luck man, and Cheers! yes I need to drink on this hot day. and just got done painting this computer room with Claudia... TMI! lol

Purple44

That letting in lots of light. Don't know if you need make whole roof of glass thou. Your call.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:07:26 PM by Purple44 »