Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 182151 times)

Purple44

Tonight I got use some new objects from End's The Very AssetPack. Here a couple of pics:

This is a fig 8 track using End's Nevada Freight Depot track I'm working on.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Great work with that car STRmods and the progress done Purple :) Meanwhile, added a mid-barrier thing to the AssetPack (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127964364)

The Very End

Because every serious racing game needs a skijump!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Still waiting for the modern day Stunt Car Racer... Maybe something for us to consider? :)

sam223

Still waiting for the modern day Stunt Car Racer... Maybe something for us to consider? :)
Some proper real life stunts or suitably realistic ones would probably fit well in the wreckfest world
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Haha yeah! The game Crashday tried, but sadly the physics just was a bit...lacking. If you got time I am sure the community would love some ramp/crazy props to play around with ;)

Purple44

Because every serious racing game needs a skijump!

Are we going to need an Evil Knievel parachute for the landing?

The Very End

Haha, nah, it is rather safe for now! The jump is actually only 10 meters above ground, so it works more like a quick start thing. Not desided yet if I should raise it and built a bottom part / landing area...time will show! Have to build a building on top of the jump first.

The Very End

Whelp! It turned out to be rather massive! You think I should build a green area / hill around the lower part of the jump (landing area), or should it be supported by pillars such as the top section?

Purple44

The supports would work for me if I borrow ramp to put on one my custom tracks.  ;D

Will have to find a good hill on one the stock Wreckfest tracks to give the cars a place to land.  :)

Or do it backwards and have the players jump to top part of jump and then have to go down the jump. :)

Will the supports be a bit longer than the base of the jump, so encase I put ramp on a not so level track map. like has a dip, support will still touch the ground?

Looking good End.  :D

The Very End

Thanks! :D

The supports go down to 0 metres, so can be placed on the ground. There is also almost no gap between the jumps, making it almost impossible not to complete. I recon that if you put a ramp on the top of the landing area you should be able to jump back on to the top part. Looks like this currently:

Will try to to create a hill or something around the lower part of the ski jump, as I am not sure if would look alright with support poles down there. But feel free to come with suggestion or ideas! Fun to play around and develop the skills a bit.

Edit: as we figured out before, it is possible to have start positions that have it's own AI route (which will only be driven on the first lap). Could quite possible be couplet with a track that is "normal", but has the start at top of the skijump. On lap 2 and forth you can go normally and won't have to go back up the hill to complete the laps.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:45:00 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Here a pic End to show the issue I'm thinking I might run into using the stock tracks:

If there a dip in the track map, then there going be some open space. Would it be possible to add an extra 5 feet to the length of the supports?

The Very End

AH yeah, no worries, I'll add some extra length to them all :)

Zebulon55

Awesome!

So, how many startpoints will fit up there? 8)
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

The Very End

All of them ;D
Not tried yet actually, still got some work left on the modell, and these exams times it will take some time :p But I guess it won't be a problem, as the top-part has a hill that is almost 200 meters long.