Author Topic: Mod Development Screenshots  (Read 107209 times)

The Very End

The thing turned into some kind of ... interesting derby. Idea is to have 12 cars start at each skijump, meeting down in the bottom for some fun.

I can assure you it is a world of hurt when meeting in the middle. Wonder how I will get the AI to work, might only get it to work in team derbies... but oh well.. Also working on those blasted grandstands, which probably will have their roof removed as I do not like the look of em.

Edit: New mountain textures:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:53:30 AM by The Very End »

The Very End

Sorry, doublepost. Better grandstands?
(They of course are no way near the level of quality Bugbear does, but well.. learning! ;) )

The AI can't drive for shit on this track, that's for sure... but looks cool tho!
Wish I could figure out how to avoid the AI's to select their target until they get to the first jump, but at current times the AI's in derbies do whatever they want..

Edit: Got some luck in increasing the Bump Rand Interval (the amount of time the AI use before finding a new target). Now at least 12 of the cars go flying off in a straight line while the other 12 on the other side does all kind of strange things.. oh the joy ^^
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:57:28 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

Edit: Got some luck in increasing the Bump Rand Interval (the amount of time the AI use before finding a new target). Now at least 12 of the cars go flying off in a straight line while the other 12 on the other side does all kind of strange things.. oh the joy ^^

That would seem strange all 12 derby cars on one side go down the track. You would think the cars would randomly get assign their derby characteristics.

End, I assume you putting startpoint #1 on one side and startpoint #2 on the other side, alternating the startpoints? What if did startpoint #1 and #2 same side and startpoint #3 and #4 on the other side and alternate the pairings? 

See what happens.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Thanks for input, did try various things. It seems to be related to AI paths...sometimes... other times not...Tried most things, but will try moving the scene back and forth and up and down in hope of magically make the AI work... somehow!

sam223

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Breakthrough (for me at least)!

Seems to only get this track working with AI's is to have team derby (with 2 teams only).. But I can assure you it should be fun with human players as well!

Purple44

Definitely will have to try this map out next time we host The Very TrackPack online Sat Jan 13. :)

The Very End

I hope I will have it ready til then! For now, a bit of a taste:
https://youtu.be/sFaDobqtmGw
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:32:36 AM by The Very End »

Purple44

I hope I will have it ready til then! For now, a bit of a taste:
https://youtu.be/sFaDobqtmGw

Hmmm, that track map look like it would work as a suicide track. :)  Have a loop checkpoint at each end and have the cars race back and forth to the tops of the jumps. :)

The Very End

The problem with that is that the AI path will not be possible (I think). Even if I did make a loop checkpoint in each end, the different starting positions would cause issues. Alternative would be to have all the cars starting at the same hill, then having them going up and down the hill (or jumps, would need to experiment with a ramp or something then).

Purple44

The problem with that is that the AI path will not be possible (I think). Even if I did make a loop checkpoint in each end, the different starting positions would cause issues. Alternative would be to have all the cars starting at the same hill, then having them going up and down the hill (or jumps, would need to experiment with a ramp or something then).

Ya for a suicide race, don't thing you could have AI start at both ends.

I was thinking maybe I could turn your sky jump map into a suicide track for my Suicide track mod.  :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:09:46 AM by Purple44 »

The Very End

Oh, well, most things are possible as long as you know what you want and how you want to do it. I am all-in for people experimenting and using my work as they like!

Bonecracker

Breakthrough (for me at least)!

Seems to only get this track working with AI's is to have team derby (with 2 teams only).. But I can assure you it should be fun with human players as well!

Would be a insane oval!

The Very End

As promised Purple; A race variant. The derby version is the same as before (hence why it's not showcased in this video). In addition, the derby layout supports only team derbies.

Edit: Did a quick showcase of the derby version. The AI is a bit better now, alltho not very!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:41:17 PM by The Very End »