Author Topic: Update 2016-05-04  (Read 5567 times)

Team Bugbear

The latest update to Wreckfest is now available with following changes:

BAG EDITOR IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Implemented a better file duplication tool
  • Added a rename tool which also patches references to the renamed file
  • Added an autosave option
  • Added a reset option that reverts modded file to the original (vanilla) state.
  • References to other bag files are now handled more intelligently
  • Cleaned up old unused properties from some file formats
  • Added an undo stack to some less-often used attribute types
  • Sliders are now displayed for more parameters. Sliders can also be enabled by the user by defining limits (right-click on the parameter and select ‘Limits & Comment’).
  • + and lots of other small tweaks.
NETWORKING IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Server moderators can now change event settings but not server name, welcome message or password.
  • Admin in dedicated server lobby can now start the event in a similar fashion than on servers hosted in-game. No change in behavior if no admins are present.
  • You can now display active bans in dedicated server console with ‘bans’ command and unban people with ‘/unban X’.
  • Also added commands ‘/bansteamid [numerical steam id]‘ and ‘/unbansteamid [numerical steam id]‘ for modifying ban list.
  • SteamIds in banlist.banl can now be edited with Bag Edit. Note that since the dedicated server does not use your Steam account, it has a separate ban list located in ‘%LOCALAPPDATA%/wreckfest early access’.
  • Host can still view and lift regular server’s bans through lobby’s context menu.
BUG FIXES:
  • Added error messages and/or fixed crashes with improperly set vehicle mods.

As always, thanks for your support!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:09:20 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Team Bugbear, May 04, 2016, 02:04:47 PM Logged

• BenDover

Thanks thanks thanks !! :D
    Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
    Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

The Very End

Superb, thanks :)

TPEHAK

Thank you!
    LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

Purple44

"Admin in dedicated server lobby can now start the event in a similar fashion than on servers hosted in-game. No change in behavior if no admins are present."

Does this mean an Admin or Host of a dedicated server can now stop the count down timer? If so, a BIG THANKS!

Thanks for the undo stack. :)

"Added an undo stack to some less-often used attribute types"
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Facial_Burns

Wow thank you, this addressed everything that was an issue, thanks bugbear for listening to the things we wanted :)
    My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
    My NCG discord server
    https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
    16gb ram
    Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
    nividia gtx 970
    gigabte motherboard
    3tb hdd
    windows 8.1 pro

Mr21by9

Thank you!

Would it be possible in a future update to allow "MOD" cars to keep their stats page, earn money/EXP, and take damage? Custom vehicles are fun, but without the career element it feels underwhelming.

I know there is an economy to protect, but maybe the game creates a second save for offline only if using a "Final" modified vehicle .cavs?

Marky

Thankyou for whole-heatedly restoring my faith in you as developers, and for listening to community feedback.

Just to clarify to anyone who wonders, it's the numerical steamID which you can get from; https://steamid.io/lookup

Normally it's done by the STEAM:0:0.... ID but alas this is a little easier.
    « Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:37:19 PM by Marky »
    Join the RaceFest Community!

A community centered around Wreckfest, playing all sorts of racing games and more, with dedicated servers, forums, and teamspeak!

Take a look at our website and signup at: www.racefest.co

Janne Suur-Näkki

Does this mean an Admin or Host of a dedicated server can now stop the count down timer? If so, a BIG THANKS!

Yep, that's exactly what it means!

Marky and everyone
    No problem! There's not much new stuff in the build apart from new hosting features but since we knew some of you would appreciate them a lot (they were put in after your requests, after all!) we decided to roll out an update.
    INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Also a shoutout (thanks) for removing the camera check when joining multiplayer :)

Marky

Yep, that's exactly what it means!

Marky and everyone
    No problem! There's not much new stuff in the build apart from new hosting features but since we knew some of you would appreciate them a lot (they were put in after your requests, after all!) we decided to roll out an update.

What exactly do you mean with this one?
    Host can still view and lift regular server’s bans through lobby’s context menu.

Does that mean we can see a list of the bans print-out from the dedicated server in-game?

My only other requests for banning would be;

Ban Reasons e.g. /ban <id> <reason> so when they try to rejoin a dialogue says 'You are banned, reason; xyz'. and a dialogue when they are kicked from the ban.

Also timed bans (get rid of these 3 bans = permenant), make it so you can do /ban <id> <reason> <time>, where <time> is 0 for permenant, and done in minutes, so 120 is 2 hours for example.

For simplicity sake, if someone then does /ban 3 to ban ID 3, it would just ban them permenantly without a reason.
    Join the RaceFest Community!

A community centered around Wreckfest, playing all sorts of racing games and more, with dedicated servers, forums, and teamspeak!

Take a look at our website and signup at: www.racefest.co

FalconXY

Janne, can you tell me please is there a "points for turning other cars" planned and when to expect that mode ?
    I mean the Wrecking Racing mode from the old Destruction Derby 1.  :D

Are you working on more GAME MODES for the next update ? Please !

Plus I would like to have a race speed slider in single player races where you can reduce the car speeds. I think the speed after the race is over (about 60 km/h) is good for Wrecking Racing where the ONLY goal is to make points by turning opponent cars.

Thank you very much.
    Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win7 64bit, G27 wheel

Dummiesman

<div><b>BUG FIXES:</b></div>
    <ul>
    <li>Added error messages and/or fixed crashes with improperly set vehicle mods.</li>
    </ul>
    <p>As always, thanks for your support!</p>

I swear I had nothing to do with causing several of said crashes   ;D
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:39:02 AM by Dummiesman »

Axarator

It would be cool if you could join server, modded or not but it downloads mods to match the server.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
    Ram: 8Gb
    HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
    SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
    Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

TeksWiller

Thanks for update. I have no time to modding but I understand its possibilities. I enjoy playing your game (and its driving mechanics), but still waiting more interesting tracks ;)
    i5-6400 (stock), gtx960 2gb, 8gb ddr3 2400mhz, Logitech g25 (with h-shifter) at 900 degrees.