Author Topic: Update 2016-05-04  (Read 6467 times)

GRabbit

Marky and everyone
No problem! There's not much new stuff in the build apart from new hosting features but since we knew some of you would appreciate them a lot (they were put in after your requests, after all!) we decided to roll out an update.

Could you clarify the red highlighted sentence, please? :)
Radeon R9 290 Directu CU II OC
i5-4690K@4.4Ghz
Logitech G27
8GB Ram

St. Jimmy

Marky and everyone
No problem! There's not much new stuff in the build apart from new hosting features but since we knew some of you would appreciate them a lot (they were put in after your requests, after all!) we decided to roll out an update.

Could you clarify the red highlighted sentence, please? :)
There's not much new stuff in this build that they released. He didn't mean they aren't working on new stuff, if that's how you understood it.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Iwasawa

Did you check the latest steam ratings? And remember when you had like 10 pages instantly when an update come out? Well... its ended. I imagine the empty offices at BB barely 2 people doing something.. this game will never be compelted.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:42:55 PM by Iwasawa »

Finsku

Did you check the latest steam ratings? And remember when you had like 10 pages instantly when an update come out? Well... its ended. I imagine the empty offices at BB barely 2 people doing something.. this game will never be compelted.

Yeah.. it's sad what people are rating in Steam...

But I know they (BB) is working hard to get new versions out. BB is small game studio where is a few workers, I think they're working for two or more (in Finnish I tried to say "kahden edestä", is that right? :D)
There are at least one or two almost ready tracks what BB could release, so in next build I'm waiting new map (Mountain Forest was its name.. was it? Can't remember..)

I have one request. Game would load mods even when mods aren't unzipped. I think this isn't big job to execute, and it helps players a lot. Just dragging mod zip-file into mods folder and you're ready to play.

St. Jimmy

I have one request. Game would load mods even when mods aren't unzipped. I think this isn't big job to execute, and it helps players a lot. Just dragging mod zip-file into mods folder and you're ready to play.
You mean like the mod in the mods folder is my_awesome_mod.zip and then the game would somehow read it? That would still require to unpack the content I believe. Otherwise every mod out there in every game would already work like you suggested :D I don't imagine any way that a zipped file could help, it would likely make things worse. Pretty much every mod out there (and many other files) that you download on any game are zipped and you need to unpack it.
Open with 7-zip -> drag and drop -> wait -> close -> done.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Finsku

You mean like the mod in the mods folder is my_awesome_mod.zip and then the game would somehow read it? That would still require to unpack the content I believe. Otherwise every mod out there in every game would already work like you suggested :D I don't imagine any way that a zipped file could help, it would likely make things worse. Pretty much every mod out there (and many other files) that you download on any game are zipped and you need to unpack it.
Open with 7-zip -> drag and drop -> wait -> close -> done.

You got it. It's just behind two clicks to unzip file, but it would be for some user easier to just drop that file into mods -folder. :)

Mazay

I like that idea, I have been thinking the same. When done properly it could even speed up loading times. But could be a bit of work to implement.
It could be developed further, own zip extension for mods. Just double click .bgz (bugzip) file and wreckfest will install it automatically.

But the best would be if mods would load almost automatically from servers or from ingame (online) modcar list for example.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:39:42 PM by Mazay »

STRmods

Well they already said they will be adding Steam workshop support so that will be by far the easiest option there is, especially if they made it auto download mods when you join a server using mods available on steam workshop like some games do.

Iwasawa

Its not sad what people rating on steam.. its just truth.... Well the truth is sad tho.

Purple44

Its not sad what people rating on steam.. its just truth.... Well the truth is sad tho.

Most Helpful Reviews  In the past 30 days at Steam store page:

lionel_richtea:

lStep 4: Introduce modding, so devs can exit game and leave community to do what they will with the bare bones, shitey game they left behind.

FingersTitan[PCGC]:

So the game was awesome and they were going in a superb direction.. but BugBear have decided to stop all development and open the game out to modders.. A game that modders don't play as they are already in places like Race Department, Touring Pro series, Race2Play and the million of other PVT leagues / Communities places and on games like rFactor / Assetto..

xzulas:

This game is like punk rock, its not dead, its just sucks now! the Devs spent the entire year of 2015 adding lawn mowers to a crash up derby game...need I say more?

These posts speak of truths, I think not!

Anybody hanging around the Bugbear forum, I think would disagree with what been said in posts above.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:04:23 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Finsku

FingersTitan[PCGC]:

So the game was awesome and they were going in a superb direction.. but BugBear have decided to stop all development and open the game out to modders.. A game that modders don't play as they are already in places like Race Department, Touring Pro series, Race2Play and the million of other PVT leagues / Communities places and on games like rFactor / Assetto..

xzulas:

This game is like punk rock, its not dead, its just sucks now! the Devs spent the entire year of 2015 adding lawn mowers to a crash up derby game...need I say more?

That number of how many hours BB used to upgrade game engine is high.

Finsku

Am I only one who refresh community.bugbeargames.com and SteamDB every five minutes?  :D

EDIT (16:18 GMT+3) Looks like no updates today...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 04:24:34 PM by Finsku »

The Very End

Brothers in arms.

The Very End

SteamDB tells the patch is going live :D

Purple44

SteamDB tells the patch is going live :D

You made me look.  :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel