Author Topic: Banger Racing Oval Track - Small Stadium  (Read 5860 times)

Mazay

I also want to know where the grip levels of the track surface are encoded. How does the game know whether a track is tarmac, gravel, mud, sand etc?

I found Material with name methal1#asphalt in prop_derby_ramp1.scne. I bet this could be it.

Purple44

I got the startpoints working early today, but no luck getting the checkpoints to work on banger track. Grrr   :(

GRRRRRRR, why are the checkpoints tied to the the AI routes????

I'm at an impasse right now. Hope a Bugbear Dev can tell me what I'll doing wrong.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Thanks to Mazay I can now continue on getting them AI spline points playing nice with the checkpoints.  :D

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8840.0.html

Purple44

I got it all square away I think. Laps are counting and 24 AI can race the track and no red circle unless you rubbing the wall in spots, but circle will go away if off the wall.  :P

Got go put video together and post video with some more details.

Had about 10 on last night testing the track and wow..... what carnage lol.

Majority of cars didnt last 5 laps, banger follow ins everywhere, it was great!

Will try get some screenshots tonight.
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

hande11

Hi guys,

Decided to try and make a small oval track out of one of the locations to try and replicate some real life banger racing, here is what I have managed to come up with using the Small Stadium location:

It needs a bit of polishing, will still be crude but im sure it will be able to produce some action packed racing.

This looks cool! Nice to have these really short and tight tracks (+a bit of track mayhem from it). Like that tire stack on one corner too. Maybe also alternative, more forgiving variant without outer pole/logs lines could give great results too.. putting for example more tyre stacks for each corner for there for flying "decoration" and getting sometimes driven into :)
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Purple44

Here video me testing the  Banger Racing Oval Track - Small Stadium with the AI. You guys can watch the video for the next hour while I work on my post on how I got track to this stage.  :P

sam223

Looking forward to some laps round this.Good job guys.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:28:47 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

So I take it you have watch the video, so here the details how I got the banger track to that stage.

First, if you have not read through this thread, please go and do it now!!

GR ( now a small gr ) why are the checkpoints tied to the the AI routes????

Now that you have read the Gr thread, you know why my custom checkpoints were not working and Mazay figured out why. ( Thank you, Thank you Mazay! :D )

Now I was able to get back to tweaking the AI route sector points ( spline points ) with the big help from Mazay's AI Route Visualizer tool!  :D

Let me stop for a min and say when it come to doing custom tracks and custom cars and custom skins, it take a community to help out to get these mods done and learn how to do them. We saw this at Flatout Joint doing our community mods for Flatout 1 and 2. It take a community to put these mods together.

I'm glad to see we have a very helping community here at Bugbear forum. Without you guys helping me, I would of been stuck working on the these custom tracks ( Banger Oval and my Gokart track ). Thanks for all the help guys!!!!  :D

Back to tweaking AI spline points. So if you want the red circle to stop poping up as you go around the track, you will need to place enough AI sectors in the right spot to make game and the AI happy.

So I was a about here with the AI spline points before we get things figured out:

So I start driving the track and watch for the red circle to get triggered, then stop and add a spline and tweak it with the help of the AI Route Visualizer ( got 24 browser tabs open up from all my checking :P ).

Bagedit lets you move sector points up or down the list. I made a dulplicate of a spline point at the top the list ( #0 ) and wanted to move it down to the bottom of list ( to #14 ) so I could tweak it, using Alt+Down. The sector point had half the coordinates I wanted to use.

After got done moving sector point, I open #14 and it not the spline point I was looking for. I found the sector point I was moving at #10 and found "Move current item down" greyed out. Is there a limit how far Bagedit will let you move something with the Alt+Down and Alt+Up keys? I click on another file, then click back on the derby10.scne track file. I was able to continue moving sector point down to #14.

After I first tried the move, I checked the derby10.scne track file with the visualizer and saw spline point #10 in the wrong spot. So I new something was up and found Bagedit had not move my copy of #0 sector point, down to #14.

After I got enough sector points down to stop the red circle from popping up. I decide to checkout them racelines the visualizer shows:

In the visualizer pic above, I tweak the Right Safe Border line ( spline point #9 ) to see what would happen. So in my test, if you use a number close to zero it with push the line to the left. If use a number close to 1, you will push line to the right.

This what my new AI racelines look like now:

If you look at spline point #9, you will see I push the Right Safe and Raceline to the right. The AI going down that straightaway were hitting the wall. So using the lines, I got AI to drive into the corner sooner. :)

Ok, track making lesson for today is done. See ya next time.

Jake97

Is this ready for download with the ai racing around it properly??

Purple44

The AI will race the track like you see in the video. I sent the 3 files back to Scotty to finish up what he wants to do with the track. Scotty will decide when track is ready.

Heddly

Good work guys, can't wait to get to race on track.  :)

All going well it will be up for download by the weekend! AI is working, just have to polish off a few more bits and pieces and I can upload it.
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

Purple44

I got PM from Scotty saying they found problem with the banger track.

They found you can sit on the front straight and go backwards and forwards across the start\finish line and count laps without actually driving around the track.  :o

I can confirm that this happens.  :(

This is the sector points Scotty gang was using:

So I tried adding a spline and put spline point up at finish line. Tried adding a 4th checkpoint at end of last turn to the finish line. Added a spline point between #14 and #15 in pic above. Nothing worked.

With the Ai Router Visualizer, you can see the visualizer showing a #16 spline at 0,0. But there only 16 sector points showing in Bagedit 0-15. There no #16.

Is this extra point, that showing, causing the problem Andrei?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:20:20 PM by Purple44 »

JohnBlackhills

Idk if I can post this here, but someone made GTA 2 map in wreckfest  :o I was just surfing on the youtube and I was watching latest videos with wreckfest and I found this: