Author Topic: [TOOL] ai route visualizer WIP v0.09  (Read 5850 times)

RickyB

I think Blender equivalent would be to go to object menu and add Custom property:
Name: CustomData
Value: otherway = true
Actually, I tried that before the first post and got an error from build_asset.bat. I was sure it didn't work. Now I tried it again and got the same error, but this time the .scne file has been generated. I guess it worked the first time I tried, I probably just didn't see the .scne file, only the error text file and assumed it didn't work. So.. yeah it works.

This is the error message btw:
src\btoolcore\BgoImporter.cpp(426) ERROR : #ai_route_main : custom data has illegal key otherway

Maybe interesting side notes:
- If I import the once exported file again and export it without "otherway = true" it will be reversed again this time.
- In game, the raceline mystery anomaly appears again (with the tweaks in .tcat). That's most likely a BugBear issue, as Andrei suspected.

Editing sectors is now quick and easy to do with this tool! Thanks a lot. Perfect for my current needs :)

Mazay

I did some testing, reversed sectors in .obj and it seems this sector order does not have any effect to order which ends up to .scne.
it's all mystery how the order is chosen. So for now it's best just to add "otherway = true" when route needs reversing.

I am curious how do you use the tool. Do you copy the sectors from resulting .scne with BagEdit to get everything in one file?

I still plan to add checkpoints and startpoints to make editing even easier.

RickyB

Do you copy the sectors from resulting .scne with BagEdit to get everything in one file?

Yes. Wouldn't know any other way atm. I use the AI_visualizer to convert .scne to .obj, edit in blender, export to .bgo with the bgo-exporter, use build_asset.bat to get new .scne file with the sectors, then copy those sectors into the trackXY.scne file. Just to have it all in one file. I guess it would work with the generated .scne file as an extra AI_route.scne file, that would be one copy&paste action less. I don't mind the 2 extra clicks.

Mazay

Ok, good to know. I had problems with copying in BagEdit, but it was not recently when I tried that.

The extra ai_route.scne way won't work atm., because it seems routes, checkpoints and startpoints have to be in same file.

Mazay

Updated. v0.09:

Checkpoints included in .obj file.
Works now also with _split _loop and _alt1 checkpoints.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:55:08 PM by Mazay »