Author Topic: Wwise sound editing?  (Read 1642 times)

Devin

Welp, I tried making some custom sound banks for the B194, but no matter what I do, replacing the example sound banks with my custom ones results in no vehicle sounds at all. I replaced the default (missing) sounds with mine and some of them had sound in Wwise, others were silent. Ingame, I couldn't even remotely hear any of them.

Has anyone here had any experience with Wwise and enough knowledge to explain to noobs like me how to do that? That's the only thing I couldn't even remotely figure out by myself :P

St. Jimmy

Hey devs it would be nice to get some answer for this. The example file is old, the example was made with old Wwise version, you can see the word guide is likely bit outdated etc.
Hundreds of times checking everything and still the game can't read any sounds made with Wwise.

Everything sounds nice in Wwise but when you generate SoundBanks, add them to the mod and edit the Engine Sounds BagFile, it just doesn't work.

This shouldn't be hard at all and I have a feeling that something is broken in the example files. Maybe broken because the Wwise version doesn't match or something. Or have you changed the engine sound structure completely?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

findRED

I think it's a structure change that likely broke it.  I have also experimented with custom sounds in wwise and all I've ever gotten from wreckfest was silence.

On the topic of WWise, whenever I take the bb example and put some custom sounds into it, the custom sounds play like they're slowed down in wwise, even when the source file plays fine on windows media player.  I even tried cutting down the duration of the source files (outside of wwise), and it still plays like the playspeed is less than 100%.  This is most prevalent on the engine clips, which almost don't make a sound because in wwise, wwise plays them at what seems like 12% speed. (like slowed down to 1/8th the original speed?)

So it may be possible that bb's example file is borked.  If I make a new project in wwise and put my source clips into it, they play fine.

(oh, and update on my quest for custom sounds... I still cannot afford to get the equipment yet, cuz text books and project car)
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

St. Jimmy

On the topic of WWise, whenever I take the bb example and put some custom sounds into it, the custom sounds play like they're slowed down in wwise, even when the source file plays fine on windows media player.  I even tried cutting down the duration of the source files (outside of wwise), and it still plays like the playspeed is less than 100%.  This is most prevalent on the engine clips, which almost don't make a sound because in wwise, wwise plays them at what seems like 12% speed. (like slowed down to 1/8th the original speed?)

So it may be possible that bb's example file is borked.  If I make a new project in wwise and put my source clips into it, they play fine.

Voice pitch makes the sounds be slower or faster than the original. The pitch is usually controlled by engine's RPM (RTPC_Player_Example).

Also if you want to see how tracks are blended in the engine sound, you can find it in the Engine (blend container) -> General settings -> Blend Tracks -> Edit...

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:37:43 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

The example project needs to be updated to support the current version, stay tuned.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

RickyB

I'd be very interested in editing the sound of the ragdoll. Is that possible or will it be in the future? Beeing able to edit the ejection sound would be perfect :D

St. Jimmy

I'd be very interested in editing the sound of the ragdoll. Is that possible or will it be in the future? Beeing able to edit the ejection sound would be perfect :D
Well currently I couldn't find anything that can read soundbanks other than engine files ( .engs and .enga) and surface sounds (.surs) files. Then I've no idea how to make any file to even read the .surs file.

So not currently possible unless you know how to make some file read that .surs file.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

RickyB

So not currently possible unless you know how to make some file read that .surs file.

:'(  :-\   Please, Bugbear - can you make that possible? (editing ragdoll ejection sounds) in a future update? PLEASE?

... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Janne Suur-Näkki

We've updated the example project to the current Wwise version, and it's already available here:

https://mega.nz/#!ewlhTD5D!UA7v4vUejC7EumwU2AL0plVP7Z5q0wWEyZgGBa0clU0

If you do test it please let us know in case it does the trick.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

We've updated the example project to the current Wwise version, and it's already available here:

https://mega.nz/#!ewlhTD5D!UA7v4vUejC7EumwU2AL0plVP7Z5q0wWEyZgGBa0clU0

If you do test it please let us know in case it does the trick.

Didn't do the trick for me. What version of Wwise you're using or you always use the latest version? When I opened the project it still said that some files were made with older version of Wwise.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

The Very End

Dunno if it's related, but they said they using 3ds max 2015 versions / licenses; might be the same year version / license they are using for Wwise?

Mika Zeng

Hi guys,

Wwise version is 2016.2.2.6022

RickyB

Hi guys,
Sorry to bother you again with this, but can you say anything to the possibility of editing the ragdoll sounds? I would really like to try some different screams (a special one in particular + random others) when it ejects from the seat. The only hint I found was a "play_grunt" reference in a sound.fxac file, that seemed to trigger different random grunts (in past builds) when colliding with surfaces. Something like "play_ejectsound" or "play_scream" where we could mod in our own sounds would be so cool.

Do you know if that could be possible in a future update?

St. Jimmy

Hi guys,

OK thanks. That version is available in the launcher, so time to install that and try it if that was the problem for me.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

St. Jimmy

Wooo working! Proof:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:19:47 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!