Author Topic: Update 2016-05-20: Steam Workshop Support + Track Modding  (Read 8083 times)

Team Bugbear

We’re happy to let you know that the latest update adds full Steam Workshop support to Wreckfest! Thanks to the Steam Workshop support we will have one centralized hub for all the custom content created by our exceptional community, and enjoying it is as easy as it gets: simply browse the workshop and subscribe to the mods that you want to, after which they will be automatically downloaded and appear in the in-game mod manager. The best part is that Steam will automatically take care of keeping your subscribed mods up-to-date so all that’s left for you is to enjoy them! And if you’re a mod author, sharing your creations to the masses has never been easier: simply click a button in Bag Editor, and your mod is uploaded to the workshop, ready to be downloaded and enjoyed. For more information on publishing your mods on Steam Workshop please see readme.txt in the tools folder.

To visit our new, shiny Steam Workshop click here.

And wait, there’s more: track modding support! Yes, it’s something that has been requested by many and sure enough, the latest update also adds all the necessary tools for you to create your own tracks. No matter whether you want to create an F1 circuit or a drifting course, it’s all now possible. To get you started we have included a collection of example assets in mods/example/track.

Speaking about modding tools, in case you haven’t noticed our awesome community member Dummiesman has created a Blender plugin to export game specific models from the popular free and open source modeling application Blender, eliminating the need for 3ds Max. The most up-to-date version of the plugin is available on our community forum here.

As always, please let us hear in case of any boo-boo. Thanks for your support!

CHANGELOG:

• Initial Steam Workshop support. Subscribed mods will appear in the in-game mod manager after they’ve been downloaded. See tools/Readme.txt for guidance on how to upload your mod to Steam Workshop.
  • Track modding support. All custom track data is stored in the mod’s data/track folder. See mods/example/track for two example tracks (minimal and a more complete one) as well as tools/track_modding.doc for additional info on how to create your own.
  • Improved Mixed 1 track art and added a reverse variant.
  • Improved Sandpit 2 geometry and added more gameplay props.
  • Added a reverse variant for Mixed 2.
  • Fixed server browser crashing with custom tracks.
  • Retuned car-to-car collisions.
  • AI is now faster in tight curves.
  • Player starting car is now C class.
  • Improved Bag Editor with little bits here and there.
  • AI names can now be customized by editing data/property/career/ai_names.txt (UTF-8).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:59:13 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
Team Bugbear, May 20, 2016, 05:50:19 PM Logged

• The Very End

Yes! Thanks :D

Finsku

Steam Workshop!
    Mixed 1 Reverse!
    Improved Sandpit 2 and added more props!

Dowloading... downloading... FASTER!!

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

RickyB

AWESOME! big thanks! ..."gameplay props"? I like the sound of that :)
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 05:58:46 PM by RickyBøbby »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yeah go check it out, it feels pretty different now :)
    INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

conso1727

Woo!
    Really no more comments that I can think of.

Purple44

Yeah go check it out, it feels pretty different now :)

Hi Janne, is the exploding gas bottle back?

I got track objects to load in Bagedit earlier today. I guess I had a brain fart when I PM you Wednesday saying I could not load gas bottle objects. It look like I was trying to load Build #6 objects and did not notice.   :-[

Thanks to Zeb I tried again today and got gas bottle to load and it look like gas bottle ready to explode, but in my testing earlier today gas bottle just falls apart.

This Build #6 gas bottle in hex editor:

And here gas bottle from May 4 Build and it look to have the same string as Build #6:

So what the trick to getting gas bottle to exploded, if it not in today new Build, Janne? I would go look, but been up all night tweaking AI routes for gokart track, bed time for me.

Looking forward to checking out the new track tools.  :D :D
    « Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:20:32 PM by Purple44 »
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry no, I'm afraid the bottle is pending some code support before it will explode.

Have fun creating tracks, though :)
    INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

I need screens of probs, tracks, everything! At work..

Very cool news indeed. Now we don't have to use external file hosting service, just use steam.

sam223

Great stuff Janne and the rest of the team
    Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
    Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

happyrichie

where has mixed 2 gone?

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's there in the event list like previously. Is it gone for you? Have you modded events.evss in data/property/career?

St. Jimmy

Nice. Need to test things next week when I get home again
    Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
    GTX 1070 8GB
    16GB CL9 2133 MHz
    750W PSU
    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Fanatec CSR

FalconXY

This is a great update with the track editor. Thank you.

But here again, I will keep posting this until I get an answer:  :D

What this game needs to be perfect for me is more game modes like in EveOfDestruction.

Can you focus on more GAME MODES on the next update please ?

Janne, can you tell me please is there a "points for turning other cars" planned and when to expect that mode ?

I mean the Wrecking Racing mode from the old Destruction Derby 1.  :D

I would like to have a race speed slider in single player races where you can reduce the car speeds. I think the speed after the race is over (about 60 km/h) is good for Wrecking Racing where the ONLY goal is to make points by turning opponent cars.

My wishes for next build:

- Wrecking points game mode (with slower race speed for single player)
    - Release the grey hilly track next to Mixed 2 but with black borders/sand walls. To make corners more visible.
    - Race speed slider
    - Preview of track layout, when click on track info button

Thank you very much.
    Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win7 64bit, G27 wheel