Author Topic: Update 2016-05-20: Steam Workshop Support + Track Modding  (Read 9343 times)

happyrichie

It's there in the event list like previously. Is it gone for you? Have you modded events.evss in data/property/career?

im not 100% sure, it works on single player but was missing from the online, i was admin a server and i clicked either mixed 2 track and it sent me 2 the mixed 1 reverse track and the leaderboard was missing.

im priitty happy with this update, i like the drifts more, it feels a lot more responsive on the way in a bend, on the way out still feels a bit like the tires are being ripped/shredded but a lot better, thx
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:05:29 PM by happyrichie »

conso1727

Now that I think of it, another thing in my wishlist is the possibility to force all the AI cars to use the same car the player has. I hope it will be out soon in the next updates.

BrianUK

Server rotated to a new track, and my slot got handed to someone else and I got left in an endless loading screen.

I then tried rejoining when there was space, and was again stuck in an endless loading screen.

It was onto Mixed 2 if that helps.
BrianUK, May 20, 2016, 10:31:27 PM Logged

• Facial_Burns

I got that too was joining and was stuck in the loading screen on both my and bens server when going to mixed 2
    My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
    My NCG discord server
    https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
    16gb ram
    Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
    nividia gtx 970
    gigabte motherboard
    3tb hdd
    windows 8.1 pro

KingOfTheCakes

What an update! Great work and thanks again! :D

Sandpit 2 is looking more like it's old self, but we still need thems rocks and diggers again though.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:23:55 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
    Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
    AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
    8gb Ram DDR2
    Corsair 750w PSU
    Windows 7 64-bit OS

SkeletonPirate

Will this Steam workshop support ONLINE play with mods as well???
    @SkeletalPirate Instagram & Twitter.
    Facebook.com/TheSkeletonPirate

Facial_Burns

the workshop mods are treated like all other mods so as long as everyone has said mod yes
    My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
    My NCG discord server
    https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
    16gb ram
    Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
    nividia gtx 970
    gigabte motherboard
    3tb hdd
    windows 8.1 pro

TPEHAK

Hooray!
    LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

SkeletonPirate

What do you all think will be the first mod that a ton of people play? Are there any available now?
    @SkeletalPirate Instagram & Twitter.
    Facebook.com/TheSkeletonPirate

Mortal

Thanks for Workshop BB!

This is something very special, I think we will see incredible things, the game has great potential, now with the wfest community will be an incredible game.

also with Sandpit2 great job, keep going, improving and adding content, I tell you one thing, this game will be remembered for all time, as it is today many other games.

Any news about the campaign mode? some approximate percentage?

and please add new modes to help also be able to add new concepts to create custom tournaments for example and share in workshop, a small file configurable text which add tracks that make up the championship, the number of tracks, the number of IAs, perhaps even the skins, and the cars involved etc.

Also would be nice to see some kind of mode of challenges, modes are important, they can help create concepts, and big challenges.

And yes how mentioned, a option for select the same car in all IAs.

Daystar

Thanks for another cool update Bugbear team!  I really like the new ability to make them 2 tracks have a reverse option! also the Steam Workshop is a great addition that will help influence more modders to add content that we can all test, appreciate and perhaps love some of the new additions that we get into our game! Oh! and big thanks for allowing us to be able to change the AI names! really makes it more interesting who comes in firs, who crawled in last and of course "most take downs" "hardest hitter" etc! big props from me indeed. however! please listen: I really really want to be able to make my own skyboxes and import them into the game... unfortunately, I still have the public version of the bagedit app  >:( Bummer! maybe in the future you can open up the skybox textures in public bagedit, or perhaps show me a way I can import my own created skies in to the game? thanks for listening, and would like to hear back either PM from Janne or somebody or perhaps release a full version (unrestricted bagedit)ßß?

BrianUK

Sandpit 2 is still missing some things that made the old track great. Turn 3 is too wide, and lacks the inside bump at turn entry, Turn 5 is also too wide and it lacks the difficutly it once had. The run from old Turn 7 up to Turn 8 also feels too wide.

Other than that, it's far more enjoyable to drive, but it still feels like a poor copy of the great original.
    BrianUK, May 22, 2016, 04:59:20 PM Logged

• McToFf3l

Any one who wanna make a folkrace SAAB 99?
    I like Folkrace! do you?

KingOfTheCakes

Okay after playing some offline races, something's off with the collision and spin physics once again. Certain car on car collisions have a dodgy impact at times, they sometimes just glaze off each other without the cars going airborne. Also, when Pitting AI players they "slide" along more than they should, it's like they've gone ninja again by having incredibly strong stability control when getting spun out. I don't why this was changed, it was absolutely fine up until this point.

I know I could just mod things to my desire, but I shouldn't have to resort to that always.
    « Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:39:30 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
    Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
    AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
    8gb Ram DDR2
    Corsair 750w PSU
    Windows 7 64-bit OS

Jerry055

The retuned car-to-car collision 'fix' hasn't improved anything at all to my taste I'm afraid. The slidy effect on big impacts makes it feel very unnatural, I think the collisions were way better before this update.
    Other than that, good update though!
    Everything can happen in banger racing, and it usually does!