Author Topic: Update 2016-05-20: Steam Workshop Support + Track Modding  (Read 10435 times)

St. Jimmy

If you're porting someone's stuff, you should also ask them about Steam Workshop. Some people don't agree with Steam Workshop policy so they might have something to say about uploading in the Steam Workshop.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

05HemiMagnum

Wow, thank you for mod support!!!!

Since I'm currently unemployed for the summer, I will have lots of time to make mods. Tons of cars to convert over that I made for Flatout.

Question....

Is it possible to add stuff like 4-wheel-steering? I made some Monster Trucks in Flatout 2, but with the lack of track modding it was kind of pointless. Now with the physics and damage system in Wreckfest, and with a track editor I think that Monster trucks would be a great fit if I can make a track such as a stadium monster truck track with crush cars, etc. But to get the right feel for driving them 4-wheel-steering would be required.

Cheers
James (aka drag_racer at FOJ)

Heddly

Since I'm currently unemployed for the summer, I will have lots of time to make mods. Tons of cars to convert over that I made for Flatout.

Question....

Is it possible to add stuff like 4-wheel-steering? I made some Monster Trucks in Flatout 2, but with the lack of track modding it was kind of pointless. Now with the physics and damage system in Wreckfest, and with a track editor I think that Monster trucks would be a great fit if I can make a track such as a stadium monster truck track with crush cars, etc. But to get the right feel for driving them 4-wheel-steering would be required.

Cheers

Good to see you around drag_racer. It's almost like old times, only better now with supported modding.   :)

Purple44

Question....

Cheers

Hi Drag, great to see you in the forum.   :D

I think Monster trucks would be a popular mod for Wreckfest. Would be interesting doing Cops and Robbers and having the robber use a monster truck!  :o

Ya maybe a track modder will do a stunt arena. We got custom ramps already thanks Mazay.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:03:40 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

John Burning

What a wonderful stuff!!!!
OMG!!!!
Can't believe it :D
Let's go modding, boys and gils!

Mopower

I like the new update, it's fun! But there are a few things is still like to see changed. I like the stiffer cars and rolling people with the AM3 is always a good time. I'd say the cars are similar to pro mod cars now, maybe just a few more steps to get to a full mod, but they are durable as heck!

One thing I'd like to point out, since the derbying really favors you putting your doors out for a shot is that if you were to keep hitting someone in the passenger doors, the floor and right side frame rail will have a tendency to drop (unless welded and attached to the cage somehow. When this happens, the floor will get closer to the ground, yes, but front and rear end shots will put even more pressure on where is already bent in the floor which will, eventually, cause the car to bend at the floor and belly out before damaging the front end/rear end as much.  Would be nice to see that effect from front end shots after I've been wailing on someone's passenger door for a while.  In a pro mod car, assuming there's no down bars from the cage to the frame, it will belly out if the frame gets tweaked under the floor.  This is less likely to happen on a sub frame car, because it's hard to bend the part of frame underneath the car since it's much shorter.

So, in theory, with a hard front end, you should be able to wreck another car by giving him a few good door shots and then lining up nose to nose even if you've been using your front the whole time.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.