Author Topic: Update 2016-05-25  (Read 11150 times)

Gerty

Driving feels worse than in previous update wich was an improvement in handling. Too much understeer again.
I have noticed that difference in cars handling is now bigger, as well as difference between locked diff & LSD. Is this intentional? Or am I wrong and nothing changed?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:28:14 PM by Sidekick »
AMD FX-8320 | 8gb RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX970 |  Windows 10 Pro x64 | Logitech G27

Facial_Burns

Driving feels worse than in previous update wich was an improvement in handling. To much understeer again.
I have noticed that difference in cars handling is now bigger, as well as difference between locked diff & LSD. Is this intentional? Or am I wrong and nothing changed?

I didn't see much difference in handling nothing to effect my speed in any way and yes when u use locked diff am1 is 4wd and lsd is 2wd and theirs more understeer with locked
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Blazingtheory

are the cars now flipping over even too easily? Do the crashes feel weighty enough? Are they too hazardous from the player’s perspective?

The weight of the car feels awesome while moving across  the different surfaces of the tracks, in both frictional and gravitational senses; however, the effect of the impact on a car that takes a "T-bone" style hit feels a bit too much like the "takedown" physics from the later Burnout games... Ya' know what I'm sayin'? Basically, the car absorbing the hit seems to suddenly go into a parrallel dimension that has ~ 60/70% gravity.

I don't think anything about this feels too hazerdous, just a bit too arcady for my taste.

Amazing update tho guys. I particularly love the progress on the handling and that mixed 1 track art!

Gerty

I didn't see much difference in handling nothing to effect my speed in any way and yes when u use locked diff am1 is 4wd and lsd is 2wd and theirs more understeer with locked
Initial turn in some of us have noticed in previous update is gone. I could point front end where I wanted easier in last update.
AMD FX-8320 | 8gb RAM | Nvidia Geforce GTX970 |  Windows 10 Pro x64 | Logitech G27

Facial_Burns

Initial turn in some of us have noticed in previous update is gone. I could point front end where I wanted easier in last update.

Yeah there was more sensitivity on turn in last update which I had previously mentioned a while ago but the difference is more realistic , makes u work u can't just turn in at full speed u have to rotate the car a little etc
My NCG discord server

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Daystar

Thanks for the update Bugbear! I will have to try it out later today when I wake up.. been up all night creating a new Skypack  ;D
and love what I read in this updates description! sounds really cool, and I will need to disable my HulkSmash mod to fully experience this new build!
Thanks again! G'Day Janne!

Gerty

Yeah there was more sensitivity on turn in last update which I had previously mentioned a while ago but the difference is more realistic , makes u work u can't just turn in at full speed u have to rotate the car a little etc
I don't think its more realistic. Weight should transfer to the front on hard braking, but it feels like it doesnt, car doesnt turn until I apply gas to loose rear tires.
Also weight transfer issues can be seen on jumps when back of the car sticks to the ground.

Facial_Burns

? it turns in but when u are on the gas it wont, just when u coast and brake a little the front end hooks up,its much the same speed with the new update got too .1 of a second off my previous world record last night, the weight transfer is fine, just brake hard dab of handbrake rotate the car a bit and power through
My NCG discord server

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Gerty

I'm not on the gas on the 1st phase of corner when I brake & turn in. I'm on the gas when I'm closer to the apex.
I just think its too lazy right now. Maybe these old cars meant to be like that. I dont know. In last update they felt more racey
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:56:35 AM by Sidekick »

Jake97

I like this update thank you :) Kind of reminds me of how it was before that huge update last year and that's a good thing

TheyLiveWeSleep

I couldnt give a crap less about "realism" when it takes away the fun in a game. For a while there it was bland and boring but now it is finally coming back together especially now with the AI flying off track and into things again sometimes after hitting them. It is finally getting that build 6 feel again with the AI actually making mistakes and swaying off the road crashing into things hard! We needed that back so good job. Keep the pit manoeuvres easier as well. Lots of good updates these last months :D

Devin

I personally have to say that the game really seems to become better and better with every update. But the latest one gave me so much understeer, it just feels horrible. The rear tires feel like they're glued to the ground, I don't even get wheelspin at the start of a race on Gravel 1 anymore. The fronts however just slide all over the place. No matter how hard I turn, I either have to make the car slide or I will go straight. Well, making the car slide when the rear wheels feel like they're stuck to the ground doesn't quite work. Also, once I began sliding, I usually had to correct the slide a bit, but then the front wheels instantly caught grip and sent my car off the road into the wrong direction. Not even formula 1 cars react so dramatically on that. It feels like an arcade racer with full driving aids on, even when I turned them off, made for people who can't drive. I seriously wish that the next update fixes this. After all, should anyone have trouble driving the cars, what are the driving aids for? Turn them on, end of problems :P

tl;dr
Overall, the cars felt like I was running with max driving aids on. They just didn't do what I wanted. And they had horrible understeer. I had to drift do even drive through corners at a decent speed, but drifting is hard because once the drift is not perfect, you'll either go sideways and just stop or you try to correct it and go into the other direction instead. Not drifting enough will make the car snap back into "non-drift-mode" (which is weird because I'm pretty sure the way ROMU's physics are set up doesn't differ between anything like that), making the car go straight. It's just so hard to drive...

Facial_Burns

I personally have to say that the game really seems to become better and better with every update. But the latest one gave me so much understeer, it just feels horrible. The rear tires feel like they're glued to the ground, I don't even get wheelspin at the start of a race on Gravel 1 anymore. The fronts however just slide all over the place. No matter how hard I turn, I either have to make the car slide or I will go straight. Well, making the car slide when the rear wheels feel like they're stuck to the ground doesn't quite work. Also, once I began sliding, I usually had to correct the slide a bit, but then the front wheels instantly caught grip and sent my car off the road into the wrong direction. Not even formula 1 cars react so dramatically on that. It feels like an arcade racer with full driving aids on, even when I turned them off, made for people who can't drive. I seriously wish that the next update fixes this. After all, should anyone have trouble driving the cars, what are the driving aids for? Turn them on, end of problems :P

tl;dr
Overall, the cars felt like I was running with max driving aids on. They just didn't do what I wanted. And they had horrible understeer. I had to drift do even drive through corners at a decent speed, but drifting is hard because once the drift is not perfect, you'll either go sideways and just stop or you try to correct it and go into the other direction instead. Not drifting enough will make the car snap back into "non-drift-mode" (which is weird because I'm pretty sure the way ROMU's physics are set up doesn't differ between anything like that), making the car go straight. It's just so hard to drive...

It's expected if u use am1 locked u should know by now they changed it 2 4wd so it bogs on starts
My NCG discord server

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

sam223

Played a few hours online last night,and a couple of races against AI. New collisions feel good,weighty like you are carrying momentum again. Possibly slightly to easy to spin (spin out too fast) other drivers/AI and roll cars from their side (whatever axis they are in game),front to back roll is great though. Moment of inertia change needed?

Increased car health or less health damage received in hits (or whatever you changed) seems to encourage people to go wrecking again rather than car saving. Maybe the easiest way to fix the issue of people not wanting to crash is a server option, multiplier for car health, or longevity (less/more car health damage dealt and received). Rather than making it easier to crash like the last update.

I do like the handling at the minute although i did spend all night in the sedan with stiff LSD and soft suspension on all tracks. Can see the weight shifting, drift and hold it if i want to or drive a tight line whilst managing grip levels.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Devin

It's expected if u use am1 locked u should know by now they changed it 2 4wd so it bogs on starts
Wait, so AM1 is now 4WD? That makes even less sense then. 4wd should be even less understeer-y and even easier to slide. It isn't.

However, usign Rally suspension made it drivable on gravel tracks, at least for me. So possibly the suspension setup caused all this. Haven't tested tarmac tracks though, so I might be back to complain even more :P