Author Topic: Update 2016-05-25  (Read 12466 times)

MamieNova

did my first session of time trials tonight (am1 on gravel as usual)

LSD : brake and turn : no understeer, throttling during the end of the corner won't cause any big loss of control.
locked : slight understeer going into corner, solved by throttling, which causes a slight oversteer requiring some countersteering.

(a quick AM4 try made me feel it could achieve nice times on locked using a drift style)
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

hande11

My thought on this update: I really love it! main thing I love is the ai not being able to pit my car so easily anymore! in previous builds when they would "just tap" my rear quarter panel, my car would immediately be put in the stages of being pitted out! I used to also coin this game as Pushfest! because of the ai guys always pushing into my car and not deviating away from me. seems the ai is a lot more awesome with their random shenanigans! Wrecks... omg I love them now, so much more spectacular! actually love watching replays again! aka memories of the good old "ROMU engine" crash days! Oh and thanks for finally putting a start finish line into Tarmac 2 (reverse) just before the abrupt left turn wall!!! I was always worried where in heck was the line, and worried about my car piling into that sharp left turn wall!!! But still no start line at the original sandpit track  ??? Thank you so much for a fantastic update!
Haha, yes, best banger AI so far, imho! They are not just driving on exactly same lines round after round like dummy bots. Instead AI has now driving line errors (very important!) and AI banging other cars mean lot of events and fun with AI.. cool stuff now! Wonder, if one could configure "AI shenanigans" -rate in options in future (negative side could be that, it brings too much complexity for testing AI paths etc. anyway, most fun and action-packed AI now i think :) )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 11:13:06 AM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Facial_Burns

i have too say i dont mind the new handling u just nee too use a bit more handbrake
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:38:16 PM by Facial_Burns »
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Devin

It's expected if u use am1 locked u should know by now they changed it 2 4wd so it bogs on starts
Wait, so AM1 is now 4WD? That makes even less sense then. 4wd should be even less understeer-y and even easier to slide. It isn't.

However, usign Rally suspension made it drivable on gravel tracks, at least for me. So possibly the suspension setup caused all this. Haven't tested tarmac tracks though, so I might be back to complain even more :P

4wd cars well most of them are well known for their understeer (subarus and audis at least).  Also you need very different driving style to slide 4wd compared to rwd. Well at least that is how it work irl.
ESPECIALLY 4wd cars are easy to slide and awesome to go through corners with. When set up wrong, they may have understeer, but could still be easily drifted around corners. Not in this game, apparently. Having this problem with 4wd shows even more how bad the problem really is.

St. Jimmy

Well yeah now that I've tested more and I read more carefully what the actual understeer issue is, I can agree that this game still have problems with physics. But the handling/problem has been like that for years and I don't feel any real big difference in handling. Even the magical build 6 had same kind of problems. This build actually improved from the previous builds because in Tarmac it doesn't understeer that much anymore in fast, slowly turning turns.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:24:39 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

MamieNova

what kind of speed sensitivity do you guys use ? I'm at 10% and usually, I only get understeer for a valid reason : car goes straight forward with fully turned front wheels, leaving skid marks, which does not strike me as unrealistic, it's just inertia.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Mortal

@Jannes

Add vibration (gamepad/wheel) when passing over a piano surface

it feels very flat.

Thanks and keep it up!

Sword_of_Light

Having run a few tracks, I've observed:

The cars are a lot more bouncy and crushable - might tone that back just a tiny bit, while the Buick should roll more, and should smoosh the Mazda like its barely there, the Mazda doesn't seem to have any weight at all and bounds around like a soccer ball.  However, the damage is much more interesting, more in line with what damage used to look like about this time last year.

The AI is much more inaccurate - very pleased with this, especially on some of the more twisty tracks.  A lot more burning wrecks to dodge now.

But:

Handling has dropped - turns I made prior to this update that required a tap of the breaks now require me to lean on them.

The doughnut bug still manifests - not saying you should have fixed it (you should, eventually), but I am saying I've observed it still persists despite the update.  Its still typically only one or two cars in a field of 24, and its still restricted to derby maps, but it's still going on.

-Don
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz || AMD Radion HD 6900 series || 8G RAM || Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick || Windows 7 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)

PsychOXRat

I'm pretty sure the AI doing donuts is related to the ai routes, as while moddibg my track into the game, I screwed up the ai route a bit which caused them to donut in a "lost" state
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

SquintWolf17X

Awesome! great job with the update.

Is it coming to ps4?

leziony

Is it coming to ps4?
Nope. It's a PC only game. MAYBE after the official relase, and even then it's a big maybe. Even then, the game has been in Pre-alpha for, what now, 4th-5th year. So yea, not coming to consoles for quite a while, if ever.
Sometimes to win once, you have to lose many many times.

PsychOXRat

Nope. It's a PC only game. MAYBE after the official relase, and even then it's a big maybe. Even then, the game has been in Pre-alpha for, what now, 4th-5th year. So yea, not coming to consoles for quite a while, if ever.
Correction, 3rd year, pre alpha released in January 2014
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Purple44

I think the big money for Bugbear will be taking Wreckfest to the consoles. So I think it will happen some day. Make financial sense. But PC version got get finish first.

I hear games on the console can be downloaded now. So would that mean Bugbear can release a digital version of Wreckfest for the consoles and not need a publisher?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

If they want to make a console game, they likely want to be sure it's ready and stable. At least in the last generation it costed to push an update for the game.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Tou

When will real content be added? It's basically the same "game" since the sneak peek.
In my eyes its nothing more than a tech demo. I feel betrayed by the developers. >:(