Author Topic: Update 2016-05-25  (Read 12349 times)

Purple44

When will real content be added? It's basically the same "game" since the sneak peek.
In my eyes its nothing more than a tech demo. I feel betrayed by the developers. >:(

Mixed 1 and 2 are not real content? Tarmac 2 and 3 not real content? Actually all 4 tracks are base on real world tracks.

But if referring to car content, that has been on the slow side of getting new cars added to Wreckfest.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Devin

We found out why the handling is so weird since after Build 6. Basically, it's because of the weird downforce (-0.1 front, 0.1 rear) that also breaks the jumps with all cars.

I tried it on the first day of modding but forgot about it. Rat randomly found that setting, reminded us all again and made a mod to see what 0 front and 0 rear would do - basically, the game feels like Build 6 again.

Could the downforce be fixed in the next build or could we at least get some options ingame to change that per car? Like car setups? That would be great :P

BrianUK

Devin requested I post this here in case it gets missed:-

It's the chassis file on each car, I'll be uploading this to the Steam Workshop after I get some feedback from testers, all of which say the cars feel more responsive now than they did before and feels like the magic Build 6

Took the AM1 on a 15 lap run on Gravel F. Same setup (locked diff, 4 speed, rally tyres/susp) as for my current board time which was made with heavy doses of handbrake.

Matched my current time of 38.77s. Car is far more responsive on turn-in through raw steering requiring no handbrake at all, and the throttle now rotates the car nicely rather than making it go straight on because the front is no longer being lifted off the floor by the erroneous front lift settings. With my current build pad settings (which are compensating for the shit understeer), I actually found my car too responsive and was constantly countering all the rotation I was able to put in. The RWD felt like RWD again and not an FF.

The jumps were also far nicer, I spent absolutely NO TIME RECOVERING FROM A SUPER-MEGA-CRAZY FLIP that was caused by a diving rear, followed by a slamming front. I took some odd bounces if I landed badly, but all others were Build 6 smooth.

100mph jump on Sandpit 1 Rt2:

Build 6 is back.

MamieNova

Will give it a shot later
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

boeing767

I'm very happy with this release. This is the first release where keyboard users are finnaly able to keep up... I'm playing this game mixed (sometimes with steering wheel - Logitech G25), but plainty of times also with the keyboard, because I want to do a race for just a few minutes. With the previous build it was impossible to keep up, the cars are better to control now with the keyboard! You don't lose to much speed now while turning with the keyboard.

What i'm wondering, there are plenty add-ons available, but if you want to use them you need to enable/disable them first.... Is there a way you can use them without doing this? I think this can be a big step forward to switch from the original content to the community made products and to adapt this with multiplayer servers

Aruzo

What's up BugBear!?

It's been almost a month since last activity, any news on upcoming content or updates?
21 days since SteamDB last saw activity on public/developer braches of the game....

Just checking, I'm enjoying some great mods currently but would be nice to know what we can expect from the developer's point of view in the near future :)
Intel 6600K, GTX1070, 18GB Kingston DDR4, Crucial 250GB SSD, Samsung 28" 4K

Facial_Burns

What's up BugBear!?

It's been almost a month since last activity, any news on upcoming content or updates?
21 days since SteamDB last saw activity on public/developer braches of the game....

Just checking, I'm enjoying some great mods currently but would be nice to know what we can expect from the developer's point of view in the near future :)

How long have u been here? They never really tell us what's coming but theirs always stuff coming, a month isint that long and their were changes about 6 days ago on steam DB not a new build but at least it is something,
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Purple44

July going be here soon. Pretty sure we will see one more Build release before Bugbear goes on vacation in July.

I'm curious if we will see a new car??

Aruzo

What's up BugBear!?

How long have u been here? They never really tell us what's coming but theirs always stuff coming, a month isint that long and their were changes about 6 days ago on steam DB not a new build but at least it is something,

Facial, I've been owner of this game for 1,5 years already, so this is nothing new for me. Just asking around and putting some fuel to the fire since its been quite quiet here in the forums  ;D

As purple already stated, I too am hoping for a summer update before holidays, so I can enjoy all those rainy Finnish summer days playing Wreckfest inside :D

Daystar

Would just like to pipe in real quick; Bugbear in the past have stated that they encourage users to ask questions.
I really hope we get to see at least 2 new tracks before August. curious how my Skypack skys will look on them!  :P

RickyB

Just out of curiosity - could we maybe get an info about when and how long BB's summer holiday is going to be? Schools seem to have a 2 months break? (July+August). I was just wondering when not to expect any updates.
 ;)

Aruzo

Just out of curiosity - could we maybe get an info about when and how long BB's summer holiday is going to be? Schools seem to have a 2 months break? (July+August). I was just wondering when not to expect any updates.
 ;)

Most likely holidays will be around 1 month (or 4 weeks), which is the standard here in Finland for most of the workers. July, or from midsummer onwards (this weekend) is the time that most of the people take their holidays.
From middle of August most of the guys tend to be back on duty again.

Purple44

Last summer after Build #7 finally got release June 30, some the Bugbear Devs went on vacation and some Devs like Janne, stayed behind and did 5 hotfixes in the next 2 weeks.

So It was about 6 weeks before all the Devs got back in the Studio last summer.

I don't think the Devs will have to do a bunch of hotfixes when this next build get release, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

Purple44

Hmmm, there was couple of updates to Steam today:

https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/

Maybe Bugbear will surprise us and release next Build this week in time for the LeMash event?  :o

Having a new Build out would sure help give online a shot in the arm and maybe a Steam summer sale starting this week.

oppolo

hello
I drive with a G25, is there a working clutch in progress?