Author Topic: Unofficial Modding Wiki  (Read 2956 times)

Dummiesman

Inspired by some suggestions that I've seen placed within a few threads, I've started an unofficial wiki for Wreckfest that includes a dedicated section for modding.

It's hosted on my domain/site here : https://dummiesman.com/wfwiki/index.php/Modding

Anyone is free to edit this and add information, and registering an account is encouraged so you can track your contributions as well as other functions.

As always, I hope this is not seen as advertising! What I'm intending to do here is create a useful community resource that will contain detailed information on common modding functions. :)

Devin

Thumbs up, because now I don't have to do it  :D

Janne Suur-Näkki

And neither do we :) Just kidding, but we were actually planning on creating a Wiki at some point.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Dummiesman

And neither do we :) Just kidding, but we were actually planning on creating a Wiki at some point.

I hope it will be a MediaWiki wiki, that way pages from this one can be easily transferred over :D (assuming it's community editable like BeamNG's)

Orbotnive T

Thanks for doing this :)

Daystar

If and when you guys do this, please please include the .weat file! would really help me with creating new skies!  ;D

Dummiesman

Just to show you what kind of quality standard I'd like to keep this up to:
See Parts and subpages
Also, if possible, could someone fill the missing parts of the panels page?

Dummiesman

For those who sit there frustrated at "Assert failed", I'm gathering up some info on it :)
https://dummiesman.com/wfwiki/index.php/Bgeometry_Asserts_%26_Respective_Fixes

MamieNova

Added basic stuff about tracks in blender
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Dummiesman

Added basic stuff about tracks in blender

Just looked over this. I hope you don't mind that I cleaned it up a little . :)
https://dummiesman.com/wfwiki/index.php/Track_Creation_in_Blender

Also, regarding that clockwise thing. I believe it means that the triangles should be clockwise. However, the route can be any direction.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:06:40 PM by Dummiesman »

FollowWings

If and when you guys do this, please please include the .weat file! would really help me with creating new skies!  ;D

Why dont you ask those mates who already created "weathers" at Workshop? there are now 2 mods out!
Keep continou yours, it seems very impressing! ;-)
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

Daystar

Why dont you ask those mates who already created "weathers" at Workshop? there are now 2 mods out!
Keep continou yours, it seems very impressing! ;-)

Finally fished my test pack of sky's http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=28731867188535498651
but I still need a lot of help (hopefully a wiki section, and or from the devs) in the future, if I decide to try to make anymore.

I should of kicked out the Devine & Godly skys, they are really similar. and I cannot get rid of the white out that is in some of the skys...  Shame!!!

MamieNova

Also, regarding that clockwise thing. I believe it means that the triangles should be clockwise. However, the route can be any direction.

That may very well be right, I made an ai route counter clockwise without paying attention and it worked the same. I suppose blender's tetras might be a good way to avoid the problem, it seems to do it right each time.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

St. Jimmy

I've made some work in the Bag Files list section of the wiki: https://dummiesman.com/wfwiki/index.php/Bag_files Naturally i don't have idea about every parameter and so on but I've tried to make a base at least.

Any words from the devs if this is wasted time? :P
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

blazngun

Awesome Jimmy. I plan to contribute to the wiki and make a couple steam guides once final build is released to hopefully get more people involved. Would have posted some guides already but without knowing final structure, etc I didn't want to waste my time if there is a drastic change.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB