Author Topic: Snetterton Race Circuit (WIP, nearing completion)  (Read 3281 times)

The Very End

Looking good :)

PsychOXRat

I now have some very serious problems concerning the armco barriers, some are solid, others aren't, the strangest part is how there's nothing different between them all
System Specs: Intel i7-7700K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

PsychOXRat

a little teaser for you guys

PsychOXRat

So, I tried to fix the wall issue, but I come across the Resize error as the way to fix it adds 40k more polys than the exporter can handle

Mazay

Are you sure there is not two layers inside wall? Probably both pointing in different direction. This could mess the collision
You should be able to somehow delete the other one.

I think the very end had similar problems there http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8929.0.html

« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 10:44:01 PM by Mazay »

PsychOXRat

Nope, there's not 2 layers within the walls, added shell modifier to them, collisions worked, but to make it work I had to optimise the meshes as I got the resize error, well, here are what the armco barriers look like once I get it under the resize error's max

Mazay

If it's just single surface, the collisions should work right away, atleast did for me.
But collision will be only on one side.
If that's the case once you drive through wall, maybe it will collide when you attempt to drive back?
This could be fixed by flipping the normals so wall face points other way.

But shell modifier way might be also good idea as it adds the top surface to walls.

Edit: I just noticed looking at your picture those all horizontal details seems to be modeled? Are you using those for collisions or is there simple surface for collisions?
If model is that detailful it might be best to just add invisible obstacle there to get collisions.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:20:21 PM by Mazay »

PsychOXRat

No matter how I go through some barriers, they have no collisions unless I shell them, which adds too many polys unless  I make them look like, well, that. I may add separate collision objects, but the problem with that is hows each part of it is different to the next so I'd need like 1000 collision objects for the barriers

Edit: the horizontal parts are the main part of the armco after optimising it so that the exporter actually exports it, so that's fun
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:55:55 AM by PsychOXRat »

Mazay

The problem with collisions might be that horizontal barriers are too narrow? Dirty workaround could be to make copy and scale barriers vertically like a lot to get single surface there. Then use that as invisible collision object.

Also the poly limit is likely because of same textures used in too many polygons. I loaded 2 000 000 just fine in one object. So maybe making copy of object without textures just to be used as invisible obstacle will get you around. Might not be best for fps tho.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:04:46 AM by Mazay »