Author Topic: 40 Classic WIP  (Read 19971 times)

Lordy, Lordy, it's a 1940 Fordy!

Just started my next project. this is just another one of those "Gotta do" kind of cars.

sam223

very nice
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Orbotnive T

One sorry thing about becoming mod is I can't rate posts any more, boo
But gold cup :) nice work hope to see it come together and to drive someday.

BenniHazle

Puts anything I do to shame haha, good work!
i7 4790K, GTX970, 16gb RAM, 2tb HDD, 240gb SSD

Daystar

Noice! will it have a split hood like this car?

In California, they call them oldies.. a "Bomber". The Lowrider community that is  8)                                                                                             á

Facial_Burns

Great to see so many new user created cats :) will have to add this to my dedicated mod server once it's finished XD
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Trocketman88

Going even more old school... Sweet. I can't wait to try this one. :D
Driving around at the speed of sound and...etc.

Jake97

That's awesome :)

dbs213

Great to see so many new user created cats :)

We can mod cats into this game now? Well I can't wait to push massive mounds of hairballs around and crush opponents with them! /s
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:33:20 PM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Thanks all!

@Daystar
Both the standard and the deluxe coupe have a one piece hood. Split hoods was much earlier.

@Trocketman88
My next project may be even a much earlier model. Lets say an old Stanley Steamer. Of course the race would take forever to start because you have to wait for the water to heat up lol.

Another progress update. I have the outer body roughed in and the inner shell in place. The tough part will be figuring out the interior sheet metal detail, dash, and door panels.There will be headlights added to the fenders. I know it will probably look out of place for a race car, but I also thought it would be cool to be able to knock them out.

HyperXHyperX

This is amazing. I really like your 57' mod, but this grandpa of vehicles is even more extraordinary!

However... Is this the 41' Ford(y)? I can't quite tell, although it seems the most likely.

Thanks
This is the standard 1940 Ford coupe, not the deluxe version. I think the standard version looks better than the Deluxe because the grill to me is a little over the top.
The only thing I'm not certain of is the firewall. I'm pretty sure it is the correct one though I've seen countersunk versions available. The countersunk version makes me think of the Willys coupe. I like the Willys, but I hate the way the interior is designed because it looks like a small box with no protruding dash and longer leg room.

The 40 Ford coupe was always a favorite among race car drivers and was used a lot by moonshiners because you could fit a whole elephant in the trunk lol.

Trocketman88

@Dr. Destructo by Hazbro

The 40's Ford is looking pretty cool man. I know you probably don't take requests but, how about '63 Ford Falcon Futura (North American, First Generation) next?
Driving around at the speed of sound and...etc.

tolliverj

looks awsome.