Author Topic: Update 2016-06-23  (Read 21209 times)

The Very End

Should be automatic as soon as you restart Steam. If not - restart computer.

Janne Suur-Näkki

In which track do you receive extensive damage from jumps? As far as I have noticed jumps take only a little bit of health.

If you want to get rid of the health effect altogether for your mod, you can edit damage.dset (Momentum to Hit Point Damage).

Mike hold on a bit, I'll look into that.

Raindog, it's probably Steam lagging due to the Summer Sale.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

Thanks! I really like the idea itself, it's just that the jumps kill it :p I'll tweak it - thanks!

Devin

I feel like I wasted nearly a month putting my weather mod together. why in hell did they have to dick with the weather? and get this, they did not add any new weathers! my passion for modding more weathers into a new pack is totally shot now. I am effin pissed about this. But on the brighter side of things, I really like the new Sandpit track. and AI is faster I believe.  have not tried the new fig 8. yet.. maybe later tonight.

I fail to see the problem. Delete the weather list file from your mod's career dir (or wherever it is) and directly add a name to each weather file. Problem solved. Don't forget to set each weather's state to MOD, else they would be hidden ingame.

Janne Suur-Näkki

The Very End: I guess it's mainly the modded tracks with huge jumps that are a problem? We'll figure out a good solution for the next update, for sure.

Devin, Mike: Yep, Devin is correct. You should remove the weather list (it's not used anymore) and update all the weather files by toggling State to Mod as suggested by Devin (by default it will be disabled which is why your weathers are not showing up), and everything should work as earlier - except for this time you can have any number of mods with new weathers with no conflicts.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:20:30 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

PsychOXRat

I guess a quick fix would be removing the collision_bottom from the health, but I don't know exactly how you coded it, so that might not fix it
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

PsychOXRat

Also, this threw me before I realised that the damage sectors were needed, if they aren't present in the vehicle, a simple collision will crash the game, see the screenshot below on Sandpit3 to see what I mean (front went into floor going up hill, front of trolley hit floor, game crashed

System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

The Very End

The Very End: I guess it's mainly the modded tracks with huge jumps that are a problem? We'll figure out a good solution for the next update, for sure.

Devin, Mike: Yep, Devin is correct. You should remove the weather list (it's not used anymore) and update all the weather files by toggling State to Mod as suggested by Devin (by default it will be disabled which is why your weathers are not showing up), and everything should work as earlier - except for this time you can have any number of mods with new weathers with no conflicts.

Yeah, seems the hard landing causes some havoc. It's not that it's wrong in any way, it's just that it's a bit well... erhm, for the tracks I have added a bit much :P I'll get a work around for now.
While at it, care to ask Andrei if the "crossstart = true" and proxy checkpoints are functinal now?

Janne Suur-Näkki

PsychOXRat: We'll probably simply clamp the maximum momentum from static collisions, we'll see. Thanks for the heads-up about the crash, we'll add a workaround for vehicles without damage sectors.

Mazay

Good work with the new track. Feels good to drive.

Modslist scrollbar is bit random blue box, but works otherwise:

Is there any update on multiplayer track verification to verify only the track in use?

Daystar

Whew great news  :)

But where do I find this weather list file? what is the name of that file again?

I search here -----> D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test
or I search here -----> D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\690281205 ???

Also directly add a new name to each weather file? via bagedit or?

Sorry I am totally lost... never experienced this before.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Mazay: I wonder what happened with the scroll bar... Thanks, we'll fix it! Sorry, what do you mean with the track verification?

Daystar: The weather list should be in the same folder with rest of your mod in wherever the game is installed, i.e. in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test. It's data/weather/property/career/weathers.cwea. Like said, it's not needed anymore. As for the name and state, open your weathers in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test\data\property\weather one by one with BagEditor and add a name and toggle the state to Mod.

The Very End

And what is this? ;)

Devin

Mazay: I wonder what happened with the scroll bar... Thanks, we'll fix it! Sorry, what do you mean with the track verification?

Daystar: The weather list should be in the same folder with rest of your mod in wherever the game is installed, i.e. in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test. It's data/weather/property/career/weathers.cwea. Like said, it's not needed anymore. As for the name and state, open your weathers in D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\mods\Daystar Skies Test\data\property\weather one by one with BagEditor and add a name and toggle the state to Mod.

I was just about to say exactly this. Both of it the weathers and the scroll bar :P I noticed the scroll bar right away after downloading the update :D

@daystar
Also, the "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\228380\690281205" folder is what the game downloaded after subscribing to it from the workshop. See it as an installed, finished version of the mod that's not supposed to be edited. The folders that contain mods you can edit, upload and update are located in the mods folder, from where you can upload them.

Facial_Burns

All good now got all my servers up and the new track is looking good XD
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd