Author Topic: Hosting with more than 1 mod enable, has issue for joining players.  (Read 907 times)

Purple44

We ran into this problem last Monday ( 4th July ) when I was hosting CanyonX, Gokart Raceway and the 57 Chevy mod. When I started the gokart track and the king of the hill canyonx derby, some players ended up somewhere us.

Then I got to thinking and ask if they had the 3 mods listed in the same order that I had in my Mods tab list.

57 Chevy
GoKart Raceway
and then CanyonX

Players that were having troubles, left the host and reordered these mods and rejoin my host and things were good for them now.

So if hosting with mulitable mods, I would suggest you list the order the mods are listed in your Mods tab in the host message, so joining players have the mods in the right order in their Mods tab when they enable them, so there no issue after joining your host.

Make thread a sticky, Janne?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

Hmmm....

Maybe Bugbear could add client functionality such that if you want to join a modded server and have the required mods in your workshop or mods folder, click a button and your game restarts with the correct mods and order enabled to match that server? If you don't have a particular mod, a message tells you what mod is missing or maybe even the game downloads the mod from steam for you?

Mazay

What's causing this? Is there overlapping files in mods?

Purple44

What's causing this? Is there overlapping files in mods?

I just took a look at the modded files used. The 57 Chevy mod files should not cause a problem you would think, since all it files are vehicle files.

Comparing the GoKart Raceway and CanyonX files, there no files with the same name. So there no file overwriting another file from a different mod as far as I can tell. My guess it has to do with the evst files that each mod uses to tell Wreckfest which track scne file to load when host select a track and variant.

01canyonxderby.evst
01canyonxstandard.evst
gokart_raceway.evst

I think this because some players are getting the wrong track to load instead of Gokart track or the King of the Hill derby pit.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mazay

01canyonxderby.evst
01canyonxstandard.evst
gokart_raceway.evst

I think this because some players are getting the wrong track to load instead of Gokart track or the King of the Hill derby pit.

Interesting. Could it cause bug when one track have multiple evst files?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:48:58 PM by Mazay »