Author Topic: Someone good at deform settings for car? Need help finishing the DD2 car  (Read 1349 times)

The Very End

Hey again people of this place! As you all know, I know jack s**t about car editing, and even less about deformation. Lately Devin has been kind and getting a functional, working DD2 car inside the game:

Sadly due to computer issues and time issues, he is not able to continue his work on this model. I'll quote him on what's left to be done (since he knows these things better than I):

Well, I put the dd2 car into the game, gave it acceptable physics (although far from perfect), assigned it acceptable sounds, made a custom solidbody for some nice deform, then the deform on the front completely ****** (text explaining computer problems removed) That's not going to happen anytime soon and I'm just too busy to keep on struggling with the damn solidbody and deform stuff, so I have to give up on this project. It is close to a releasable state, just one deform problem that generates spikes needs to be fixed and maybe two .panl files added in order to make parts detach like in the original DD2 game. Anyway, here's the car in it's current state: https://mega.nz/#!EEIWUSRb!X6xQ3Yd-BnfqhrHYRe65_anBiSzIb6s5xJ8271glHVY

If it doesn't work or if you run into any other problems, I might have failed on the upload. The .blend file contains the latest mesh. I hope you can carry on this work or find someone else to carry on because I'm very sorry but I just don't have the time anymore. Threre's so much going on right now that I actually had to put my own game on hold...

The collision spheres might need to be redone. Also, setting some proxies would be a good idea. Other than that, and some smoothing problems, it should be finished enough to be released soon

So people, are there anyone out there with the skills and time to finish what's mentioned above? I would be really thankfull if we could get a working model of the old legend back into the game :)
If so (hopefully), link (it's above too, but linking it again) for the current car is: https://mega.nz/#!EEIWUSRb!X6xQ3Yd-BnfqhrHYRe65_anBiSzIb6s5xJ8271glHVY

TheEngiGuy

Wish I could help, but I'm on the same boat.
Would love to see it finished and polished, it's the only thing that Destruction Derby mod needs. Maybe have an option to make the mod faster and more arcadey similar to the classic even.

Orbotnive T

Yeah sorry to be of zero help, but maybe if there's a few posts the right person'd be more inclined to click the topic?? Let's hope so

The Very End

Haha yeah, hoping the same :) I know that things can be learned, but I just use too much time on tracks / utilities editing in WF to get the time needed to make cars.

Driv

Thanks man!!!

love to see it with all the skins later!!

The Very End

Wait, you finished it or what? O_O

hooptiegoo

nah, just added the other car textures and messed the settings up even more in bagedit

gcr27

I have problems to run this mod the game did update and I can not play with the mods is giving windows 64 error

The Very End

The car mod does not work currently, and was never finished. Maybe at a later stage will a working version be released :)