Author Topic: Where are all the cool car skinners?  (Read 1045 times)

Daystar

Ok besides the Bandit and General Lee skins which are cool, I was hoping to see many more cool paint styles. I hope Bugbear makes it simpler to create skins in the future.
Just take a look at all these beautiful paint jobs from the past! http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,7484.msg78635.html#msg78635

Purple44

With the duplicate skin issue, it has put many skinners off of doing custom skins the last few months. :(

Skin slots!

Indeed, to add different textures to the paint jobs you need to edit the .vepa files.

So for European 3 navigate to vehicle/07_european/part/paint and open the first paint, 01.vepa. In the second field you can see 'Texture' and if you flick through the different .vepa files you notice that most of them point to the same texture, and to add more textures you simply need to make each paint file reference a different texture.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

With the duplicate skin issue, it has put many skinners off of doing custom skins the last few months. :(

Skin slots!

Indeed, to add different textures to the paint jobs you need to edit the .vepa files.

So for European 3 navigate to vehicle/07_european/part/paint and open the first paint, 01.vepa. In the second field you can see 'Texture' and if you flick through the different .vepa files you notice that most of them point to the same texture, and to add more textures you simply need to make each paint file reference a different texture.

Ah yes that makes a lot of sense. wonder why thy limit it to only 10 slots? hope they make at least 30 slots.

Daystar

-delete-                                                                                                        -delete-                                                                                                       -delete-

The Very End

There are no limits anymore, can have like 100 skins :)

Purple44

There are no limits anymore, can have like 100 skins :)

Offline I believe, online Wreckfest will think your game is modded with custom veda files.

But is there a limit how many skins ( styles ) can be listed in the car paint menu?  But I did have 20 skins listed ( had to scroll the paint menu to see them all ) when working out the bugs to get the new Cops and Robbers skins into the mod.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

The Very End

Not sure what limits are, but I have tried with 30 without issues.

sam223

When i uploaded those couple of banger replicsa to steam i said i would add other skins painted by others to the pack (your own skin,with your own skin slot). But as of now no one has sent me any.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245