Author Topic: Windows 10 erratic ping in MP  (Read 895 times)

MSPORTBMW

Hi.....A couple of days ago i decided to upgrade from win 7 to win 10.....im already regretting it !!!!

I wonder if anyone can help......Basically when i join a MP server, my ping says 85 for example. But while sitting in the lobby waiting for a race to finish, every 10 secs or so my ping spikes to over 300 for a few seconds before going back down to 80-100 ish.........and it keeps doing it over and over again. 
I only noticed this today when i joined a MP game.....i didnt even look at my ping and went straight into a game and it was impossible to play. Thinking it was just a bad lobby, i joined another lobby and noticed my ping jumping all over the place.
I never had this problem with win 7.
So basically can anyone suggest what might be causing this to happen. Im totally new to 10 and i know some of you guys use it with no probs.

Any fixes guys?

Daystar

OH Ouch!!! sorry to hear that you upgraded to 10! Seems like your system might be constantly monitored... or being checked for possible updates.  perhaps disable updates, whilst you play Wreckfest online.
also may want to use this app that I use all the time. it can display things that load, and you can forcefully end that task, if so needed. http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/ good luck man!

Edit: I will update your middle signature later tonight. just pm me your new system specs bud.  8)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:23:55 AM by Daystar »

MSPORTBMW

Thanks buddy for the advice....i will take a look tomorrow.....And yes i forgot about the sig change to win 10........I gotta say the sig looks awesome cheers

Daystar

Thanks buddy for the advice....i will take a look tomorrow.....And yes i forgot about the sig change to win 10........I gotta say the sig looks awesome cheers

Yeah no problem. but please take into account, I have no personal experience with Windows 10... these are just some ideas of mine that may be hampering your online experience while playing WF online.
I will do your sig  tomorrow... drinking with some friends tonight.   anyways, wish you luck!

Daystar

So your new middle sig is done. hit quote and snag the code bud  :) -----> <-----

MSPORTBMW

***UPDATE***

Gone back to Win 7 = No more game lag :)   

Also @ Daystar......I now dont have to change my sig.......But thanks for taking the time to alter mine anyway. Its appreciated man :) 

Daystar

***UPDATE***

Gone back to Win 7 = No more game lag :)   

Also @ Daystar......I now dont have to change my sig.......But thanks for taking the time to alter mine anyway. Its appreciated man :)

Hey that's great to hear! and your welcome MSPORTBMW  :D                                                    á