Author Topic: Update 2016-07-29  (Read 13602 times)

Cornkid

Its not just communication that sells a game. GameStockCar & Automobailista devs could be the best communicating developers ever but still not a alternative to wreckfest. Looks like more like a rfactor/asseto corsa/project cars alternative.

Agreed, its more than communication that entices customers.

However lack of communication would kill a game dead, whatever shape that game takes.

Particularly from a developer that says you can help shape the game, then does whatever the dev team see fit to do.

Big Ron

But Automobailista is in it first year of development ( release Feb 2016 ).

Automobilista is nothing more than another re-release of their old titles plus some additional content. It´s like they´ve released Game Stock Car for the fourth time, just with a different name this time to trick people. Now they are adding tracks and cars and stuff, but the basic game is the same since years. And they use the decades old rFactor 1 and ISIMotor-engine as a basis and add some own codes to it.

There is no way you can compare it to the development of a complete new game. Reiza is more or less a commercial modding-team than a real developer since they´ve never created an own game from stock but just build up on existing games/ engines (Automobilista is a modded rFactor 1).
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:58:22 PM by Big Ron »
CPU: Intel i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz + Scythe Ninja 3-cooler, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1600 Mhz , GPU: Gainward GTX670, HDD: Samsung 830 Series SSD 128GB, WD 1.0TB, Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, PS: BE Quiet BQT 550W, OS: Windows 7 64-bit, LCD: Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24" FullHD, Wheel: Log. G25

Aruzo

From the looks of it, it seems that Bugbear is preparing some big changes to the game and that is why we've had so long break from anouncements. Big changes tend to take a lot of time and its not like you can showcase a half-done career mode while it is still in progress. We will just have to wait a little longer so they can finish the job and show it to us. After that  there is propably going to be an opportunity for us to give some feedback.
I think we'll most likely see a quite significant career mode, new interface, more components and a tuning system to parts/cars etc.

It would be nice to see some work in progress photos from the devs, but i guess we will just have to wait for the first ready iteration....
Intel 6600K, GTX1070, 18GB Kingston DDR4, Crucial 250GB SSD, Samsung 28" 4K

pben1

Big Ron : 
Automobilista is nothing more than another re-release of their old titles plus some additional content. It´s like they´ve released Game Stock Car for the fourth time, just with a different name this time to trick people. Now they are adding tracks and cars and stuff, but the basic game is the same since years. And they use the decades old rFactor 1 and ISIMotor-engine as a basis and add some own codes to it.

There is no way you can compare it to the development of a complete new game. Reiza is more or less a commercial modding-team than a real developer since they´ve never created an own game from stock but just build up on existing games/ engines (Automobilista is a modded rFactor 1)
[/i]

As I kicked off the Reiza comment. I agree that Reiza has built onto the ISI rFactor engine, SimBin/Sector3 has done the same thing. Sorry if I was throwing the thread off topic but i hope we can all agree on the BB communications issue's [/i]

Edit : Thank god for the modding boys that have kept WreckFest alive recently or it would have fallen of a cliff !
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:10:51 PM by pben1 »
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Conte Zero

Big Changes in the air? uhm, it's a new hope, and hope costs nothing.
Me, I come here and lurk for my monthly dose of absolutely-nothing-new.
Maybe there will be big changes, or the project will just die, who knows. For sure it's the top self-destructive team in the world. Not just the public image, but the relationship withtheir fanbase is terrible. Wait, "terrible" means some sort of relationship, and since I paid to support this game back in 2013 (some notes talked about a release late 2014!) I have seen an extremely randomic management of the community.
I don't want to write down a huge list, but the final result has been me losing interest in this game. Got bored of the tracks, the cars, and the project in general. And I used to be one of the most hardcore fanguys about Bugbear and Next Car Game.
Pardon, wreckfest.
Saippuakivikauppias

Mohasz

Big change: first playable version of... STUNTFEST...! Yaaaaaay :-\

Orbotnive T

I tried to find my post from a way back regarding the over the top roof damage lately that prevents car rescue. No luck.

Now you're back with comments I'd like to reiterate the problem. Online tonight I tried to help out a fellow player who got unlucky and landed on their roof but because of the slidey OTT damage you get from being tipped, and the 'flattening' experienced after sliding a while on your roof there wasn't much hope. Some ppl don't like resetting and that's assuming you even can in the server you're playing on.

Hopefully this can be looked at before the next update. It would be greatly apprecieated.

Purple44

I tried to find my post from a way back regarding the over the top roof damage lately that prevents car rescue. No luck.

Now you're back with comments I'd like to reiterate the problem. Online tonight I tried to help out a fellow player who got unlucky and landed on their roof but because of the slidey OTT damage you get from being tipped, and the 'flattening' experienced after sliding a while on your roof there wasn't much hope. Some ppl don't like resetting and that's assuming you even can in the server you're playing on.

Hopefully this can be looked at before the next update. It would be greatly apprecieated.

Ya this been a big issue online these days, you label wreck the guys car before you can tip him over. Biggest reason it seem is the cars slide to easy on their roof, to grab and roll over.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Rowdy Burns

Agreed, its more than communication that entices customers.

However lack of communication would kill a game dead, whatever shape that game takes.

Particularly from a developer that says you can help shape the game, then does whatever the dev team see fit to do.

The news on the official website (when Bugbear updated their website) twitter and some youtube videos that sold it to me!

I would love to see them engage more on their twitter feeds and news posts... or how about a live stream?... call it Wreckfest Wednesday`s or something where the devs show us developments, race the community or something! Their youtube channel needs some attention!