Author Topic: Update 2016-07-29  (Read 11535 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

BrianUK, the bumper camera was moved upwards to make it more useful, previously the visibility ahead was so lousy that it was not really useful. You can quickly make yourself a little mod that lowers the camera (doesn't trigger the warning).

The Very End, I just tested and unless I'm mistaken setting up the American 1 AI players like I suggested seemed to work. What I did was make one of the AI cars in AI/career as low performance as I could without modifying the parts, then made all AI players in AI/players point to that car. I also toggled off "AI Vehicle" checkbox for other vehicles than the one that I modified. As a result I had no American 1 AI drivers at all when racing with an A Class car myself.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

But A class has allways worked, what about B-C-D? :) I know I ask of much, but if you could try that I'd be thankfull.
But reading your reply it seems like only option is to make some low performingAI parts and then force all the other 8 AI vehicles to use that to force AI's to race with only  Sedan on lower tiers? Don't want to trigger mod'ed vehicle, that's why I prefer altering AI files only :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

I'll check it out, no problem :)

Yes, for the time being what you're looking for has to be done in a sort of kludgey fashion.

Just realized you shouldn't toggle "AI Vehicle" off, otherwise the cars will appear in the marketplace.

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

BrianUK

BrianUK, the bumper camera was moved upwards to make it more useful, previously the visibility ahead was so lousy that it was not really useful. You can quickly make yourself a little mod that lowers the camera (doesn't trigger the warning).

Sorry Janne, not the answer I was looking for. Again you (and/or your team) has deemed it neccessary to change something that not a single person has complained about in the 2 and a half years I have been on this forum. Nor have I ever seen it brought up on the Steam forums. Not even in game have I seen it. Can I speak to whoever is in charge of these seemingly arbitrary changes so I can give them a piece of my mind?

These (the initial awful lift/downforce, health system, cam change) are just randomly bizarre changes for no other reason than to appease some people who don't really exist, or just, you know, because. Bumper cam is bumper cam because it sits on the bumper, near the floor, just like in every other racing game I have played. If you want visibility, you pick 3rd person, interior or bonnet. Why make every cam do the exact same thing while leaving no replacement for those who used the *useful* bumper cam. I didn't play 500 hours in bumper cam because I liked using useless things.

There is no sensation of speed with every other cam, and every movement feels lazy because of that. I used to play bonnet cam, then it got changed to what it is now, so I moved to bumper. Now you suggest I have to make the cam myself because you just decided years down the line that it wasn't useful without even polling the players? What kind of operation is being run here, exactly?

Right now, I'm wishing the refund period was 30 months because I've never felt so much like I needed to refund a game because of the total lack of direction of development that results in bizarre changes and decisions. Before anyone thinks I'm merely this incensed about a cam change, I'm not - it's the sum of every stupid change that has been made over the last 18 months for no reason.

Orbotnive - If you wish to censor me, alert me to the censor in a PM, not in the classless way that amounts to a public shaming. Shame they gave out moderator powers like candy.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:42:34 PM by BrianUK »

The Very End

Allright, I'll play around with the parts then an making a work around, thanks.

Oh, in next patch / hotfix, please let us assign class or even better - the AI cars we want to race against. It's small tweaks, but it's all those small parts that makes up the big picture :)

Edit: Holy shit man ( ^ ) , take it easy! Yeah, some changes are maybe not for the better, but that's why you have the modding tools at your service. It's a trial and error and a product in development, and sooner or later changes we like / do not like will occure, but we just have to work with what we got and give feedback on a structured way the things we want changed / altered.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:45:26 PM by The Very End »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yeah, seems to work:

Remember that the AI will always use the same class as you, so you can't force them to drive with for example a Class D car if you're using a Class A car. Of course, if you want to make them wimpier you can hack their tires for crazy rolling resistance or something like that.

The Very End

Did you use the files in the mod? Because that does not work for me haha! Even if I drive a class C car the AI will just take other cars and forget about the Sedan (they mostly will drive sedans, but at least 2-4 cars will spawn as other types). You sure the dev build isn't interfering here? :p
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:48:40 PM by The Very End »

BrianUK

Edit: Holy shit man ( ^ ) , take it easy! Yeah, some changes are maybe not for the better, but that's why you have the modding tools at your service. It's a trial and error and a product in development, and sooner or later changes we like / do not like will occure, but we just have to work with what we got and give feedback on a structured way the things we want changed / altered.

No, modding tools are to make additional content, not to fix crap changes.

If the cam was left alone, I actually would've had nil to complain about and I would be writing things full of praise about how the cars drive now.

I'm also through with leaving feedback in a structured way, we tried that before and got nowhere, so going in hot is the only option I have left.

Janne Suur-Näkki

The Very End, I was actually using the Steam build. Just a sec, I'll send you the stuff.

Janne Suur-Näkki

BrianUK, nothing wrong with going in hot. These days it's mostly just me here on the forums and I never take anything personally.

KingOfTheCakes

Just had a few races and derbies. I'm not able to skip gears when quick shifting, it is faster than before but I'm still technically going through all the gears to get the one I need. Btw, I use a Logitech G920 wheel.

During the derbies I was usually the first to get knocked out, even though I was going around smashing the crap out of everyone, haha! I've also noticed that cars are sticking to walls too, usually with the front corner stuck to it. I think someone mentioned this in the last update, but I've only just noticed it.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 04:56:43 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Orbotnive T

Just tried the game for the first time. Mixed 3 is quite nice :) small Figure 8 now has the same thing as speedway oval had!!

The race finish is on the final checkpoint now, as it was in oval. More comments and findings later.

Janne Suur-Näkki

The Very End, here's the link for the AI mod: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjlH4BALB8vNj7cDkF1VoBzmzzTQig

Also remember that you cannot delete any of the AI players or their cars, otherwise the game will use the vanilla ones (you obviously already know this but just in case).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:10:46 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

The Very End

Thanks for the help, I'll study those files and hopefully I'll gather some knowlege ;)

DD-Indeed

No, modding tools are to make additional content, not to fix crap changes.

This should be written to stone.